Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Alfa Faithful,

I'm Joe aka Vecchio Lupo, stupid auto correct made my user name Be Chino Lupo, I'm trying to get it changed.

Never the less, I am a lifelong Moto Guzzi and Ducati guy with a long history of British Leyland ( I'm much better now) . I have always lusted after Alfa Romeo and yes, I crave the sound of a Busso engine on over run. As an American in Stuttgart, I was determined not to fall into the BMW/Mercedes/Porsche pit that so many of my Countrymen do upon arrival in Bavaria. Plus I couldn't afford a real nice one anyway, so moot point.

I did however purchase a well looked after 1999 Spider silver with blue interior lusso 2.0 TS. I am now busy reading up on needed service and trying to buy a set of cam locks etc. I do my own work and can't wait to start showing her some love. Although it has no problems.

Anyway, I'm in Germany and hope to learn and prosper here on this site, thank you.

·
Administrator
88,046 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all very much, and as far as my BL addiction; as a teenager in the mid 1970s in New Orleans, British bikes were cheap and plentiful. I had BSA and Nortons mostly as we had a big dealer for several years and he sold a lot, so when Japanese 4 cal bikes ruled the streets, you could get a nice Brit twin for about $750, and I did, a lot. I then discovered Triumph cars, again in the late 70s early 80s, TR6 and Stags were all over and cheap, of course I had a hand full of MGBs and Spitfires because I had learned all about Lucas and stromberg carbs. In 1987 I discovered Moto Guzzi a few years later I picked up a non running Alfa GTV6 and then came kids and stupid responsibility. I'm over that now and ready for Alfa love.

Yes I need to change cam belt and everything else in there as well as source a blue rear window, I can't wait, oh yes, I need cam locks too.
Thanks for all the great info

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the invite. I changed my cam belt and water pump etc, now my electric/hydraulic hood is leaking oil everywhere, so Ive got that to work on. Oh yes my steering is a bit vague, perhaps the rack? At any rate I am very happy with her, just need to straighten out the wrinkles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts