Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I'm planning on buying a new GT later in the year. Anyone any experience with the new LSD?
I was going to buy the Q2 as with leather seats, 18" inch wheels, etc it seemed like a great option. However, after seeing the wheels they put on it and the red stitching I decided they're not my taste so I may just get the LSD as an option along with leather seats, 18" wheels and SatNav.
Is the LSD worth the money? Any ideas on when they'll be available from? They're not on the Alfa site yet...

Thanks! :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that. Yep, I'd definitely be a spirited driver and love windy roads. Was wondering about the SatNav - is it pretty low quality? I'll be a new-comer to the UK so will need something to get me around. It's an expensive option alright but I'd have been willing to pay for it if it was a decent SatNav and included a bluetooth phone connection. Hadn't done any research into the Alfa implementation though.
Still can't decide on diesel or petrol though. I think the LSD is only available on the diesel? What's the soundtrack like? Does it sound like a tractor or is there some refinement in it? It seems to have a much better resale than the petrol.
Reckon it will probably be the diesel version I'll go for but I don't want to spoil a terrific looking car with an unrefined engine..

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
They may have improved the SatNav since I played with it but i'd say you'd be better of with a TomTom, perhaps put a more general post about the sat nav up or a search, I am sure its been discuss before.

Not sure if the GT has been updated along with the rest of the Fiat/Alfa line up and has a bluetooth implementation that is useful, can't really comment on that side of things.

re the diesel it is unfortunately a bit unrefined when cold and at idle but no worse than any other diesel I have driven ( VW group for example ) on the move its not bad, sounds alright, needs a touch more power IMO, a remap helps but its a great engine quite revvy and economical when you want it to be, depending on where you are coming from you might find UK fuel price quite high and appreciate the diesel economy.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
There's only two things I don't like about the Q2.

One is the wheels:vomit: & the other is the diesel engine:eek:

Yes I know it has loads of torque but..............;)

Saying that, with a mild re-map it might just be:eek: :eek: :eek: what am I thinking:confused: :lol:

You can have the LSD as an option on a standard JDTm. IMHO, it is worth it because I know a few owners with that engine in various cars and they all say that they struggle to get the "power" down when exiting a roundabout in wet or damp conditions. The VDC / ASR is on all the time apparently!

You just don't get that with a smooth delivering petrol engine;)

Cheers,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts