Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening, all...

Can anyone suggest a good place to source a couple of new Alfa Romeo badges for a Brera, also need a pair for my 147 as well?

Are they known for fading so comprehensively, or does this just affect Alfa's owned by myself...?:irked:

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Can't speak for the 156, but...

Got mine from the alfaworkshop after a failed attempt at buying "genuine" badges off eBay.

Alfaworkshop sell the front badge separately to the plinth/bar that it mounts to.

To remove I did the following.

1. Remove the entire badge and mount (three bolts iirc)
2. Look at the back/reverse of the mount and you'll see a raised area/lump. That should be a cavity (if looking from the front).
3. Gently drill a hole lined up with this lump you've identified (about half way down from the centre point of the badge and the bottom edge) with a 10mm drill.
4. Using a screwdriver work around inside the badge till the adhesive releases.
5. Stick on the new badge (it can only go on in one position because of a little tab)

Disclaimer: this was for a nose badge on the 159. So I'm guessing the mount/plinth will have been manufactured the same way. I don't know though, so please be sure before drilling anything.

I removed it all because I personally found it easier/less dangerous for paintwork than trying to do it all mounted on the car.

Hope you get it all sorted!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Just got mine in from Italy. I didn't even use the heat gun (although I can see that it helps).
Gaffer tape applied to the lower edge of the surround (to protect) then a small electrical screwdriver gets it started. A larger blade then lifts the whole badge (it gets mangled). The new badge straight in (after cleaning the base).

Rear badge more difficult (later type that switches the boot opening). Just have to ignore the repeated switch firing (or be more precise about holding it steady at the top).

The only slight issue is that I bought 2 front badges that have a gold base. The rear originally sits on a chrome base. But not many people would notice they are different!

·
Banned
703 Posts
Can't speak for the 156, but...

Got mine from the alfaworkshop after a failed attempt at buying "genuine" badges off eBay.

Alfaworkshop sell the front badge separately to the plinth/bar that it mounts to.

To remove I did the following.

1. Remove the entire badge and mount (three bolts iirc)
2. Look at the back/reverse of the mount and you'll see a raised area/lump. That should be a cavity (if looking from the front).
3. Gently drill a hole lined up with this lump you've identified (about half way down from the centre point of the badge and the bottom edge) with a 10mm drill.
4. Using a screwdriver work around inside the badge till the adhesive releases.
5. Stick on the new badge (it can only go on in one position because of a little tab)

Disclaimer: this was for a nose badge on the 159. So I'm guessing the mount/plinth will have been manufactured the same way. I don't know though, so please be sure before drilling anything.

I removed it all because I personally found it easier/less dangerous for paintwork than trying to do it all mounted on the car.

Hope you get it all sorted!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
I can vouch for the alfa workshop. I get quite alot of stuff from them.
Quality products and trusted

·
Registered
700 Posts
IIRC

I haggled with the ebay seller to get a discount,
(try it, often you can save a pound or more, Some say I'm tight I prefer to think I'm careful :) )

Stick a screwdriver through your existing faded badge (after checking the new one is the same size) rip it off (no need to remove the whole panel) then remove the backing from the new badge, stick it in place, job done.

It's very easy, It's only the worry of destroying the original badge that will hold you back, once you have done it you'll wonder what all the fuss was about.

Axe.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
IIRC

I haggled with the ebay seller to get a discount,
(try it, often you can save a pound or more, Some say I'm tight I prefer to think I'm careful :) )

Stick a screwdriver through your existing faded badge (after checking the new one is the same size) rip it off (no need to remove the whole panel) then remove the backing from the new badge, stick it in place, job done.

It's very easy, It's only the worry of destroying the original badge that will hold you back, once you have done it you'll wonder what all the fuss was about.

Axe.
Great shout, mate. Spoke to someone else yesterday who told me the same thing, they just literally stick on. Jobs a good 'un!

Cheers :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts