Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my first Alfa 147 2.0 ts manual :) now there is a small problem. Don't have EML light on but the odometer is flashing and there is a DTC code U1711 auto gearbox. Now the car is a manual and always been a manual and I can't get to ecu part no as the sticker has been rubed away. So help please what are the chances everything is fine and ecu picked code up from something. Car also dosent rev past 4500k
Thank you jon

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Flashing ODO is a canbus error, usually caused when a new canbus module is fitted requiring proxy alignment.

Can't help you with the error code, does it come back if you clear it?

All the best

Pub

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I'll be having the proxy done as soon as but need this code off first.
Yes code comes back as soon as deleted. Its CAN failure selespeed node not communicating. Could a proxy solve that.
Jon

·
Premium Member
7,683 Posts
Yes I'll be having the proxy done as soon as but need this code off first.
Yes code comes back as soon as deleted. Its CAN failure selespeed node not communicating. Could a proxy solve that.
Jon
it might, as the fact that it "sees" a selespeed is obviously wrong ...... A proxy alignment might delete that association

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Not surprised the selespeed node ain't communicating....there ain't one there, wonder if it's had a replacement ECU?

Know anything about its history?

All the best

Pub

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well might as well go get a proxy done.

And well no not really and only have one key and not a spare or the master. Ecu swap dose look likely as 3 of the 4 bolts that hold the engine ecu down are missing and the sticker that's on the ecu with all the part numbers is all rubed off (dosent sound suspicious at all) is there any other ingraved onto ecu. Also the scanner I used was a aucel mot pro eu903 and when it was scanning engine ecu for codes it also when it was scanning every part of the ecu it says what it's scanning and there was a lot of sele stuff came up but the only code it pings is the U1711. Wouldn't suppose anyone would have a engine ecu that's unlocked from a manual I could buy.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Was just having a good look at ecu and from what I can guess well only thing that I can get from it is a line where the letter ghouls be in bottom right corner looked threw eBay and the only ecu's with the line have a H so I'd hazard a guess that this is the part number 0 261 206 708 00468153640 A152 H
Hope that helps

·
Registered
846 Posts
Well that fiat part no 468153640 is listed for a 147 selespeed. I suspect someone may have changed the ecu, body computer and code chip in the key. It also explains error code and CANBUS issue. Probably also not allowing the car to rev beyond 4.5k although it may be unconnected.
You really need the correct ecu, body computer and key(s).
Doubt a proxy alignment will do you any good tbh.

Is your 147 a 3 or 5 door and what age is it ?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for that brilliant. Can I ask for a part no for the proper kit that I need. And it is a 3 door 2002 lusso ti. Absolutely mint condition garaged all its life not a speck of rust anywhere and 83k dry miles.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The ecu I need is it the one with the letter E on it in the corner? And is it just the key engine ecu and body ecu. Do I need anything else other than that?

·
Registered
446 Posts
The ecu I need is it the one with the letter E on it in the corner? And is it just the key engine ecu and body ecu. Do I need anything else other than that?
No you don't. disconnect battery. Put the present key blade into the remote fob that comes with the ECU. Plug the engine ecu and body comp/fusebox in and that'll do it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you I did think it was the same as my old jag. Ecu and key and body computer orderd today. So just plug and play and I'll let you guys know.

Will say this club is damn more nice and helpful than what I had to deal with on jaguar forum when that had problems.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well just to let you guys know. Ecu and body computer sorted problem. Thank you for all the help. Still have flashing odm but proxy will sort that out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts