Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my first Alfa- not that i intended to get one but now i'm just like a litle kid with a new toy. This litle pocket rocket is just FANTASTIC. It's very me and it reflects my personality perfectly. It's grumpy in the morning- has a Clunky gearbox, Lazy on low revs and the breaks are a joke but push it and it's such a (loud)joy to drive. I just need to solve the break problem(i find myself preying for it to stop in time:) and it will be perfect. AAAHHH I think i'm in love :)

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
That about sums it up :D I've just got meself the 4wd version of your car, my 4th one so guess i'm in love too!
Brakes, never had em sorted on previous models (which nearly cost me my life on a couple of occasions :eek: ) but on this one i plan to upgrade the hoses to braided steel and fit a bracket to the master cylinder to stop it moving (someone on another forum came up with this idea and designed the bracket). I reckon getting all the flex out the system should help the brakes a lot. If they're still in need after that then i'll look at better pads and better discs, don't think i'll need to go to new calipers though.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, i agree something has to be done about the brakes and i'm searching for solutions including the ones that u've mentioned.

PS: By the way, great pics-of your 33 especially

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
Thanks for reminding me i haven't updated my member's garage entry yet! That was my 3rd P4, my current one is white and i still need to sort out the pics.
And you need to post some pics of yours too :p

So how did you end up with a 33 if it wasn't your intention to get one?

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Welcome to AO :)

Glad you've fallen in love as we all have! :D

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Welcome Peter, great choice of car, having had 2 33s myself I know how much fun they are. :cool:

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well my father was visiting a friend once and for some reason i was with him and this guy was an alfa-fanatic and he had alfas parked everywhere including two 33. So i annoyed my father for a long time and he annoyed his friend and he finally agreed to sell it because he was in debt actually. My 33 is white as well and i will post some pics as soon as i can. The other 33 was a blast as well it was an older model with carburetors if i had money i would have bought that one as well:)

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Welcome to AO :)

Carb models aren't as fast as injected, but god do they sound GOOD !!! :D

...well atleast my Sprint does ;)

N

·
0 Posts
PeterWolf said:
the brakes are a joke but push it and it's such a joy to drive... i find myself preying for it to stop in time
:lol: I know just what you mean! On my route to work i travel along six and a half miles of 70mph limit (and the rest) dual carriageway with no less than eleven roundabouts!!! I was very lucky on occasions not to end up in hospital when the brakes on the 33 overheated.
But did it go! I took a m8 out for a spin one evening up the local bypass and had the needle registering bang on 140mph!!! (ok, so almost all speedos over read but still impressive for a 1990 1.7 N/A)
When i got my first 156 it took me a while to adjust to the brakes, i kept trying to put myself through the windscreen :eek: :D

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
HAHA - I hear u man!! They go like crazy- even though there is a loss in performance due to age and material fatique(mostly in response times). and u have to "plan" ur braking. I'm used to it now though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts