Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, having previously owned the world famous 156 GTA featured on fifth gear, i'm now thinking it is time to get back on the alfa trail and was wondering if anyone had any advice...

YouTube - Fifth Gear - Alfa Romeo 156 GTA

I'm thinking of buying a 159 as there seem to be some pretty good finance deals out there. Wanted peoples thoughts on whether it was worth going for the TI version, which is where the best offers seem to be(this is to be a family car and I was a bit worried that the lowered suspension would mean it wasn't a comfortable ride). Also, how much do people think is realistic as a target to knock off the list price given that they are already doing quite good fnance rates?

Appreciate any views people have!
Regards,
Tim

·
Registered
972 Posts
I might be wrong, but don't you negotiate the price before showing your hand re whether you are taking the Finance Option or not. As far as I'm aware, you should be able to negotiate just as good discount whether you are having Finance or not (as they are effectively two completely seperate 'deals'). Probably best not to show your hand too early re the Finance because if they know they are offering a good Finance Deal, they will try to use that to limit the discount they give you. WhatCar magazine quotes 'aim to pay' prices, which is supposedly the best price you can get from a Dealer. Always good to go into the showroom armed with that figure, even if ultimately you can't match it.....but obviously you can still try a different Dealer - can even be worth phoning Dealers nationwide and asking them for their best price (even if you've got a trade-in, most dealers will give you a price over the phone subject to your description of the car being 100% accurate; I know; I've bought cars twice over the phone previously!). All depends how much effort you want to put in. :thumbs:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts