Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I know there are many threads on this subject - which I used to great result. So I just wanted to thank all who have been in my position and posted.

Below is the result of todays intake pipe replacement. The old one was cracked and leaking and covered in gaffer tape. The new one is shinny and lovely. The colour may not be for everyone but it is stage one of the engine bay refurb.

Many thanks must go to Auto Silicone Hoses of Mirfield in West Yorkshire. There was link on here to their website and low and behold, they were spitting distance from me, so popped over there today and they were very helpful and patient with me. The upshot is, I now have a very good idea of how to achieve this and the parts required, should anyone else need help in the future.

Andy

Attachments

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Nice job, similar to mine :thumbs:

One comment though :eek: I'd turn the jubilee clips round so the screws aren't visible :)

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
You mean the CDA airbox Paul?
If so I used silicone intake with my CDA on my first 156 :thumbs:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice job, similar to mine :thumbs:

One comment though :eek: I'd turn the jubilee clips round so the screws aren't visible :)
Agreed it would look better, but I want easy access for other things that I want to do - plus its off to Alfatech tomorrow to source an oil leak, so I dont want to make the job harder for them.

On a related subject, I found quite a bit of oil in the old pipes. Is this normal or do I have an issue to be aware of engine wise?

Thanks

Andy

·
Registered
7,798 Posts
I think that is a library pic as he states he was about to undertake the job after having completed his research.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think that is a library pic as he states he was about to undertake the job after having completed his research.
No no, it was most certainly taken today after fettling.

The whole bay needs a clean and I want to paint the engine covers and replace the fluid bottles etc.

I am pleased that this looks like a library pic - given that I am a complete novice at such things.

Andy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts