Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New Acquisition

Just took delivery of a 2004 Facelift 156 2.5 v6. I picked it up from the original owner since new along with all the spare keys, complete booklets, full service history with Alfa and all worked carried out meticulously documented and kept from headlight globe changes right through to cambelt. The original invoice of the car purchased included. She has 155 on the clock... sexy black in colour and very cheeky red interior order from Italy as per the first owner. The car is bone stock and drives like a dream.

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
New Acquisition

Just took delivery of a 2004 Facelift 156 2.5 v6. I picked it up from the original owner since new along with all the spare keys, complete booklets, full service history with Alfa and all worked carried out meticulously documented and kept from headlight globe changes right through to cambelt. The original invoice of the car purchased included. She has 155 on the clock... sexy black in colour and very cheeky red interior order from Italy as per the first owner. The car is bone stock and drives like a dream.
Looks stunning, many happy miles and smiles :thumbup:

·
Registered
279 Posts
New Acquisition

Looks to be a minter! These cars are fantastic when unmolested! The facelift was an real improvement on the per-facelift 156's. Enjoy!! Guili, i know you're looking for a Sportwagon but there are 2 other facelift 2.5 sedans for sale on Gumtree, one for R50k and one for R100k (big price diff?). Worth a look and having owned both a sedan and a sportwagon the space 'gains' with the latter are entirely deceiving (if its the space you are after).

·
Registered
800 Posts
Lovely v6,

I have a 2005 v6 veloce non facelift (ive never seen a facelift v6 tbh) and have had 6 great years with it....enjoy:thumbup:

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
New Acquisition

Congrats!
I am so jealous.
I just love the V6's!

·
Registered
596 Posts
Congrats!

Much more car than a 155 to be honest.

Reactions: Ian Lusso

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Wow! Stunning. Congrats, man.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Loving the red leather ! Congrats, that is a great looking car !

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
That does look like a pretty special motor.

The only thing I would do to it, is to get it some more exciting wheels. Standard Alfa wheels, mind you! :nono:

·
Registered
915 Posts
Excellent buy. We don't see the V6 facelifts too often. Well not where i'm from. The Ti wheels you mentioned will look spectacular. Impressed that the PO documented maintenance down to the bulbs. :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Thanks guys...

Now I just need to find me some ti wheels and I'll be a happy chappy.
:byebye: I have two original 17-inch 156 Ti wheels. One is in great shape, the other not so much (was bent severely and repaired to a state where it runs true only with quite a number of wheel weights on)

If you are interested, put your hand up. I placed a more detailed post on the Classifieds section a while ago.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks guys. I'm loving the car. Spent another 10k ordering the cambelt parts today... Rather safe than sorry, neh?

She's got a bit of an exhaust leak... the water trap before the main box is the culprit. Good to know it did it's job!

Congrats on the GTV Giuli. I'll check the thread shortly.

Thanks for the offer on the wheels. I'd need to check if I can find two more. Will get back to you on that one.

On a 140km the owner spent 50k replacing odds and ins like shocks, brakes, disks, clutch and seals...

I also see not too long ago he spent another 30k removing stone chips from front end and replaced headlights.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I agree, nothing better than a full history of your Alfa, I also keep all my receipts and document everything right down to the cable ties for the next owner, I am tempted to phone the original owner, just to find out if he did something that is not documented but he might think I am a strange fellow and its been over 10 years since he owned it....:paperbag:

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
I agree, nothing better than a full history of your Alfa, I also keep all my receipts and document everything right down to the cable ties for the next owner, I am tempted to phone the original owner, just to find out if he did something that is not documented but he might think I am a strange fellow and its been over 10 years since he owned it....:paperbag:
Why not?
I would never mind talking about my old Alfa to the new owner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts