Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Yea totally agree , that was my first thought when I saw it, doesnt look as characterful though but the materials do look nicer.

·
Registered
126 Posts
And (as with a few other manufacturers at the mo) they've continued with the dial needles resting vertically on the gauges, like they've done on some of their other recent models, which is another of my favourite Alfa features they've ripped off.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Excellent, It's not as nice as the G to look at which I'm pleased about. I agree, it does look better put together but thats to be expected.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I looked at the A3 before ordering the G. I went through the online configurator and soon realised I was being ripped off for extras that should have been standard. It appeared to me to be arrogance, here is our product, now spend loads extra 'clothing it' to get what you would normally expect. However I then chose the Bose on the G for £820! But then I was not paying extra for split folding seats.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I'm on my fourth A3 but decided to plump for the giulietta because it had become boring.
I hope I don't regret the decision. Hopefully the 2012 build would have ironed out most of the niggles rattles that have been reported on this forum.
To get the same Audi spec as the Alfa I would have to settle for an A1.
It's a gamble and definitely a heart over head decision.
Can't wait :)

T

·
0 Posts
Heh. The A3 must be a pretty boring drive if the only thing VAG bothers to "leak" in advance are glossy shots of the interior. I remember being excited about the rumours about the Giulietta having a snazzy, road-hugging McPherson setup in the front, multilink in the rear, being light-ish and having the Q2 diff as standard across the range. You're supposed to punish the thing on the B-roads, right?

If the tactile sensation of caressing plastic is important, get a fecking Real Doll. Or, if you're so inclined, buy an A3 and become one of those annoyingly smug knowit****ingall's who thinks "low depreciation" equals "good handling".

Amazing what marketing can do :rolleyes:

·
Registered
34,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
But ten thousand views here on the Giulietta forum for the Blueandme thread shows that infotainment is of interest to people .

T

·
0 Posts
What does "infotainment" (surely you mean "car stereo"?) have to do with Audi's much touted interior plastics? Sure, we can all agree that it is in fact a nice thing in and of itself, but their reputation for nice interiors does not justify their slogan "Vorsprung Durch Technik" (Progress through technology).

Their regular models have mediocre handling, questionable engines and rubbish electrics. Still, they sell like there's no tomorrow ... plus the rednecks and chavs over here just can't seem to pimp them enough.

It's a triumph of marketing to the unsuspecting public.

·
Registered
34,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You have missed the point that the perceived quality of Audi interiors is a given and they have launched the new A3 at a tech show to showcase the new ManMachineInterface.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts