Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a bottom end failure i'm having to have a new engine fitted. 56 plate GT, 2.0JTS. It's being done by a main dealer cos the maintenance company are paying for it. The car becomes mine next month when the lease runs out. Can anyone give me any tips on what to look out for after the new lump is fitted ? Any problems that may occur, anything I need to ask the garage when I pick it up ? Also, what's the timescale on this once they start on it ? Don't want them rushing it ! Would it be advisable to get it in to a reputable independant to give it the once over after it's been done ?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what i'm hoping for ! Have to get it transferred over to me from the lease company when I buy the car next month.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just had a call...the new engine's in and firing. Just waiting on a cracked injector to be replaced and i'll be back behind the wheel early next week. Fingers crossed ! :thumbs:

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
After a bottom end failure i'm having to have a new engine fitted. 56 plate GT, 2.0JTS. It's being done by a main dealer cos the maintenance company are paying for it. The car becomes mine next month when the lease runs out. Can anyone give me any tips on what to look out for after the new lump is fitted ? Any problems that may occur, anything I need to ask the garage when I pick it up ? Also, what's the timescale on this once they start on it ? Don't want them rushing it ! Would it be advisable to get it in to a reputable independant to give it the once over after it's been done ?
Tip #1, keep an eye on the oil level.
#2, make sure 10-60w is used for oil changes and topups
#3, take it easy for 500 miles no revs higher than 3k rpm (some may disagree but it works for me)
#4, make sure you record dates of this and what been changed.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Biffa. The new lump's in, picked up the motor last Tuesday. Feels good at the moment. Keeping to the 3k max revs but it feels sweet upto that level. Got the list of parts...I would've been £4k lighter were it not for my maintenance agreement. Checking the levels on a weekly basis too. One interesting point...when I asked the bloke in the dealer what oil they'd used he said "we use the recommended one, Selenia....10w40"!! Interesting comment I thought. Anyway, i'll keep an eye on things and see how this one goes. I'm just glad to be behind the wheel of it again...the joy when it starts up...even the missus said she's missed the roar of the engine !!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts