Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

New owner of a 166 Tspark here. I take it as a good sign that I saw another 166 on my way to work this morning. I'm slowly working my way through the Italian Marques:

Moto Guzzi LeMans 1000
Ducati Laguna Seca F1
Lancia Delta HF Turbo
Fiat Punto :eek:
Alfa 166 (present)

I guess it starts to get expensive after that:) Oh, and I've made Smaky's aquaintance.:thumbs: Looking forward to lurking less and posting more. Cheers,

_Tom

·
Registered
12,745 Posts
Hi Quadrofig and welcome...:)..do you still have a bike....havn't seen a Guzzi on the road for too long, except for race meetings...great bike and lovely sound :cool:....what part of country you from??...enjoy the Alfa:)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
naw..

... no bikes at the moment, and probably not for a while.:( Love Guzzis though. Massively over-engineered engines. My LeMans had Conti replica exhaust pipes that sounded great (not sure what the neighbours thought). I'm in Wilts., work in Swindon. :thumbs:

J

·
0 Posts
Hi all,

New owner of a 166 Tspark here. I take it as a good sign that I saw another 166 on my way to work this morning. I'm slowly working my way through the Italian Marques:

Moto Guzzi LeMans 1000
Ducati Laguna Seca F1
Lancia Delta HF Turbo
Fiat Punto :eek:
Alfa 166 (present)

I guess it starts to get expensive after that:) Oh, and I've made Smaky's aquaintance.:thumbs: Looking forward to lurking less and posting more. Cheers,

_Tom
Tom Welcome to AO :thumbs:

If it was a red 166 then that would be K9D, he is a regular on here

My Father in law is into Guzzis, he currently has a Daytona, Lemans and a Griso, he won;t let me near them :mad:

Jay

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys

Aryan, mine is Odessy blue I believe 2001 tourismo w/o many (any) options. I crave a CD player. 6-speed box, though.:cool:

Jay, >>a Daytona, Lemans and a Griso<< that's a serious habit! The 166 I saw was dark coloured, maybe blue or black - I was too far back to see, Jct. of the A420 and A350. I did see a metallic green one in Swindon too - no badges on he back 03...

-Tom

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Tom Welcome to AO :thumbs:

If it was a red 166 then that would be K9D, he is a regular on here

My Father in law is into Guzzis, he currently has a Daytona, Lemans and a Griso, he won;t let me near them :mad:

Jay
If it was me I must be lost, but it was dark at 5:50am :lol:

I'm in Trowbridge, another 166 in the area is always good :thumbs:, if you have been to Smakys in the last week you may have seen my poor little 146 with all its bendy valves :cry:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
K9d - Yup, that was me. Rad isn't leaking, but it's seen better days. Thermostat is all over the shop, so I'm going to get Smaky to sort both out next week. Sorry I missed you. Had a quick chat with a guy in a 156 sportwagon. We'll have to get together as I'm only over in Corsham.:D

-Tom

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
>>did you see my 146?

Must have done. Smaky uses as a landmark to give directions.:) I would normally wander over to have a look, but I was preoccupied with my own motor.

-Tom

1 - 14 of 14 Posts