Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

We're new to the forum so here's a brief introduction...
We own a '93 164 Twin Spark Lusso, in a rather faded red colour. She's called Rosina :rolleyes:

I bought the car in '97. She used to belong to a chap who worked at Greenford Car and Commercials in London, who passed away and his widow had to sell the car (he was an enthusiast and owned several Alfas). It was maintained for me by Alfa II, a brilliant garage off Honeypot Lane in London, for those who don't know it. Since then, I moved to Nottingham and repairs and servicing has been done by the local main agent. The people there have been very helpful and have been genuinely interested in trying to sort the problems I bring them! However the car has been pretty reliable (touch wood) despite being off the road for a spell of three years. We are very attached to her.

In my view the 164 is still a fine looking car, from all angles, and the design has set the style for A-R models made through the nineties and the current models. The engine sounds lovely.

So there you are. I've enjoyed reading the various forums on the site, and, clearly there are plenty of like minded people out there.

Roger & Stephanie

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Wa-hey! Another T.Spark... Welcome! :)

Pics please! :) :)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hi and welcom to you both :), I took my twink of the road in june to use as a parts car, but still miss the way "she" drove..........dispite having two 164 V6,s I will always have a soft spot for the t/s and may get another one day, still I hope you have fun with yours :)

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Hello and welcome :)

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Hi and welcome :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Ronald,

Thanks!

I've just been trying to post some pics, but haven't quite got to grips with the technology yet; i.e. file size too big. :(

Will try later. What am I doing wrong?

No doubt there's some pics of your car on the site...where do I go?

cheers,
Roger

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi,
We do thanks. I thought about a 3 litre too when I bought this one but at the time decided the insurance too steep...but I still wonder what the torque steer is like that everyone talks about with those cars!
cheers,
Roger

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Roger164 said:
File size too big. :(

What am I doing wrong?
Just resize your pics in any imaging application, re-save as a different file name, then attach the new file...

Images that members have posted can most easily be found by going to that member's profile...

:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts