Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Picked up my lovely 159 jtdm on saturday.
Love it already, quality interior feel, very Audi like but with style and soul. Gorgeous body work, curves and aggression mixed perfectly.
Power seems great at the moment, but will probably go down the upgrade route later.

A few questions if I may, sorr if they have been covered before. I have searched and read as much as I can, but don't seem to find the answers.

Tyres: I have read on here that they wear quickly. Looking at my service hsitory the fronts have been changed regularly at 14k intervals. This is a little worrying as the car has only really been on the motorway networks. Is there anyting I can do to sort this out? Does tyre choice have an influence? My previous cars needed extra load tyres, 94W. Do these? I have read the service book and is says 93W.

EGR: The previous forums I read and used, Saabscene, showed plenty of issues with the 1.9tid egr valves clogging and throwing up check engine lights etc.. Is this the same in the 159? I have a 2007 1.9jtdm 16v.

Other than that i am chuffed to bits with the newer car, a huge improvement on my previous Saab 9-3SS!!

Any other hints or advice that can be offered will be hugely received.

Cheers all.

Matthew

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
Quick answers are yes and yes (tyres and EGR) ;)

Loads of info on here regarding both - Welcome to AO and enjoy the new 159 :cool:

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So if I have got the 16" wheels then I am better off??? Which I have.

Thanks for input, will re-do a search for both.

Cheers

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
16" alloys :confused:

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, the pain and humiliation of rolling on 16" alloys, as fitted to the tourismo version.

I had 17" wheels on the last 4 Saabs I had, looked great but were a pain in the rear on the 9-3SS.
The 159 looks great even on 16" wheels to me. So for a while it will be staying on them.

Sorry to be so uncouth and uncool......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts