Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I just changed from a '02 166 to a '08 159Ti with the Bose sound system. I’m a bit underwhelmed by the sound. While it sounds OK for a standard car hifi (nice & clear), it doesn’t really pack a punch like it should. It seems top heavy & lacks the oomph I’d expect from a system with a subwoofer.

I’ve listened closely to the subwoofer and the volume seems to be really low relative to the rest of the speakers. It’s not crackling or distorted – just really low volume.

Is this normal, or am I missing something here? Even if I adjust the bass to +6, it makes very little difference.

Thanks

·
Registered
711 Posts
Hmm. I have BOSE too, and whilst the ICE geeks will say it's not up there with other kit, I'm pretty impressed by it. I keep the bass set on +1 - any more than that and my dog starts to have palpitations.

Something wrong mate?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm. I have BOSE too, and whilst the ICE geeks will say it's not up there with other kit, I'm pretty impressed by it. I keep the bass set on +1 - any more than that and my dog starts to have palpitations.

Something wrong mate?
Thanks... I do like my audio, but wouldn't class myself as a car audiophile. I think there's something wrong. I don't think the sub speaker is blown, so maybe it's a fuse or connection somewhere. I'll have to trace the wires & see what's what.

Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mine was the same. Seemed to be such a small amount of bottom end.
I pulled the head unit and removed the wire that told the head unit that Bose was connected and so gained access to the EQ settings....
The wire is in the yellow connector. Check wiring diagram on top of head unit.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine was the same. Seemed to be such a small amount of bottom end.
I pulled the head unit and removed the wire that told the head unit that Bose was connected and so gained access to the EQ settings....
The wire is in the yellow connector. Check wiring diagram on top of head unit.
Thanks - how did it sound after you had adjusted the settings?

·
Registered
197 Posts
How would you know if you have the Bose syatem? Also where is the sub situated?
I have an 09 159TI with blue&me.
Thanks
Winka

·
Registered
711 Posts
On the front dash are little BOSE speakers. The sub is hidden in a compartment behind a flap in the boot in the SW.

·
Registered
197 Posts
On the front dash are little BOSE speakers. The sub is hidden in a compartment behind a flap in the boot in the SW.
Well i dont have Bose system then, i do have little speakers in the front of the dash, but they dont say Bose

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks - how did it sound after you had adjusted the settings?
Managed to get a sound I like but you'll need to be careful. Too much bottom end and you start getting rattles in the parcel shelf!
Start by attenuating the frequencies as opposed to boosting, better results (and safer too).
Trouble is now, being a fiddler I am constantly making adjustments as I'm driving along - drives the missus crazy!!:lol:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Managed to get a sound I like but you'll need to be careful. Too much bottom end and you start getting rattles in the parcel shelf!
Start by attenuating the frequencies as opposed to boosting, better results (and safer too).
Trouble is now, being a fiddler I am constantly making adjustments as I'm driving along - drives the missus crazy!!:lol:
Cheers for that!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts