Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Alfa Romeo 159 Lusso 2.2 JTS 2007
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I've always wanted a 159 since I first drove one back in 2009, and thankfully managed to get a 2007 model few weeks ago. I knew what I was signing up for in terms of minor issues to be tackled with here and there but the car is a lovely bit of kit !

Read a few articles in here relating to some issues you guys encountered and found them very helpful, this looks like a very nice community and happy to be part of now.

Few days ago, the 'check engine' lamp came on and was wondering if there is someone with an OBD cable around Derby and willing to help me identify what the issue is so I can fix it ?
Bit of background on this: had the car idling for about 5 mins, turned it off and after another couple of minutes turned it back on but without waiting for the indicators to go off and so MIL came on. No issues observed while driving the car and cruise control still works.

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

·
Registered
37,865 Posts
I can't help you with getting the code read as I am bit far away, but I can recommend one of these.

You can download a free app to your phone called torque, and it will read and reset the codes, tell you coolant temperature etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably should turn on my notifications for posts... but thank you @symon .
I will go ahead and buy the OBD scanner.
Have you used this specific one before or are you using it currently? Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, thank you again! Just bought it now, will feedback after I get it :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, got the OBD today and scanned the codes:
P0016 which is the one I was fearing - camshaft/crankshaft position sensor.

I will have to see if it flags up again and will probably have to have the timing chain checked. If there’s a real problem with it probably looking at ~£500 ? to replace the timing chain. If there is only actual sensor issues, hoping to be a bit slimmer on the cost😀

Thank you for your support.. I’ll be around the forum 😁

1 - 6 of 6 Posts