Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My name is Iain, i'm 22 and I have caught the bug. A 2001 156 Sportwagon followed me home three weeks ago and I havent stopped smiling since :)

We have done 2000 miles so far and apart from a dead battery, no (new!) problems yet...

I have a few niggly things which need sorted out so I will be on the forum looking for suggestions

The car itself is a 1.8TS with 60,000 miles, FSH, full leather, etc. The body has various scratches and scuffs and the interior is in good condition with the usual alfa trim isses (in every compartment I open, the PO has hidden bits of trim he found in the footwell!). Im gradually piecing it all back together...

Here's a quick pic, hope to get to know you all soon

Iain

Attachments

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Hello Iain and welcome:D

Thats a great picture mate and loks like a good car! Do you have kids or do alot of carting around to do? Price sounds good!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Iain and welcome:D

Thats a great picture mate and loks like a good car! Do you have kids or do alot of carting around to do? Price sounds good!

I'm a watersports instructor so I carry windsurf boards, sails, etc. The shape of the sportwagon, especially in profile, beats any other estate car in my price range :thumbs:

You are going to hate me now but where is the best place to get a tow hitch? :eek: Can I get a detachable one? I own a modified Fiat X1/9 that lives in a race trailer, she needs carted around from time to time... Does that make ithe thought any better?!

Regards,
Iain

·
Registered
32,440 Posts
welcome to AO:)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Welcome to AO buddy,mota looks good! I have a "you know what" on my alfa its a brink detachable. 400 notes from indespension. It looks better than a fixed but is still visible. for the money i expected less visibility.

·
Premium Member
42,863 Posts
hello Iain and welcome to AO....... :) nice pic

1 - 12 of 12 Posts