Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I collected my new 156 Lusso 2.5 V6 today and I have a few questions to ask. Tried the search function to no avail, so apologies if some of these have been asked before!

1. The interior wood trim is nothing short of hideous. It must go. Been having a look about at pictures and there are a few different options: there's a kind of dark grey colour and there's a fake carbon fibre style too, which I believe are both official OEM ones, although I reckon spraying the wooden one either body colour or piano black would look very nice. Any thoughts?

2. The gear knob is also obviously made from wood and is slightly worn to boot. This must also go. Where can I get a new one and what are the options? I would only want an OEM Alfa Romeo one, although I can imagine a new one from the dealer would be expensive! Also, how would you fit one?

3. It needs new wiper blades - I take it the dealer will be the best place to get decent ones of the right size with the correct spoilers etc?

4. It needs new front and rear Alfa Romeo badges - are these easy to replace / how do you do them?

Thanks!

·
Registered
15,637 Posts
I collected my new 156 Lusso 2.5 V6 today and I have a few questions to ask. Tried the search function to no avail, so apologies if some of these have been asked before!

1. The interior wood trim is nothing short of hideous. It must go. Been having a look about at pictures and there are a few different options: there's a kind of dark grey colour and there's a fake carbon fibre style too, which I believe are both official OEM ones, although I reckon spraying the wooden one either body colour or piano black would look very nice. Any thoughts?

2. The gear knob is also obviously made from wood and is slightly worn to boot. This must also go. Where can I get a new one and what are the options? I would only want an OEM Alfa Romeo one, although I can imagine a new one from the dealer would be expensive! Also, how would you fit one?

3. It needs new wiper blades - I take it the dealer will be the best place to get decent ones of the right size with the correct spoilers etc?

4. It needs new front and rear Alfa Romeo badges - are these easy to replace / how do you do them?

Thanks!
1 - Carbon fibre 1 looks ok, would probs be easier/better/cheaper than spraying the horrid wood effect trim.

2 - to remove the original gear knob, you will need to totally destroy it to remove it, hacksaw and lots of swearing are the only tools you should need.

3 - Halfords or any motor factor/car parts shop should have the correct wiper blades. Or you could try ebay

4 - Front badge is easy to replace, never had to change the rear badge though.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts

·
0 Posts
I changed my wooden wheel for leather, the console & gearknob for c/f look ones :thumbs:

Got wipers from a local motor factor

New badges make a massive difference - loads of threads on changing them - if you get stuck, I'll link a couple of threads I did :) (am in phone mode - can't link now)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the replies already! This is a good forum.

Yeah, changing the badges should really spruce it up - the front one has completely de-laminated and is silver! I'll have a look for those threads, thanks.

I think spraying the interior trim will work quite well, although I'm torn over body colour (white) or piano black. Hmm!

The gear knob sounds a bit of a pain, but it really has to go! I'll look into it.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
good luck with it :thumbs:

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Scrap the grandad wood lol.

I resprayed my carbon fibre console aluminium silver. Took my time with it and it turned out really well.

as for wiper blades, i bought these last week, fast delivery and fit well - very quiet:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ALFA-ROMEO-145-156-BOSCH-WIPER-BLADES-SPOILER-21S-18_W0QQitemZ250562240352QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item3a56ac5f60

i always use Bosch Blades too, fantastic quality faultless and silent wipe highly recommended

these were the blades i purchased fit and work perfectly
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110477323062&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

·
0 Posts
Bear in mind that the 'lift up' replacement gear knobs are more limited in choice (harder to find?)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I need to get a touch-up pen tomorrow from the dealer, so I'll see what they say about the gear knobs when I'm there. A simple leather one will do - anything but the wood! Had a look for those badge threads of yours, but couldn't find anything. Any chance of pointing me in the right direction? Did find info on removing the gear knob, though. Sounds interesting to remove it!:lol:

·
0 Posts
Be sat down when you get a gearknob price from the dealer :eek:
I'll dig out the threads in the morning :)
I found the rear badge way more hassle than the front(thread should give you a laugh) - others have found the opposite :)
I'll dig out pics of the knob change too (ooer)

·
Registered
272 Posts
lol... No Knob... I did not realise how bad the the wooden one was, looks so much better with the new one.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
lol... No Knob... I did not realise how bad the the wooden one was, looks so much better with the new one.
Mark, it wasnt you that i beeped at on the M1 on sunday was it?

Haha yeah the wooden one looks like a conker. 0of0's carbon fibre jobby is a perfect match to that console :thumbs:

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Pitty it wasnt real wood, you could have heated your house with it :lol:

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
More ppl like me not liking the "wood" effect... or just wood in a car even if real. Only reason should be a xmas tree

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
wiper blades: get these ABD Universal RETRO-FIT Aero Blades

they are SOOOOOOO much better than "normal" ones! Mine are Bosch - maybe worth the extra as i've not tried ABD's own brand...

i hate these blades had nothing but trouble with them, i've found they never wipe smooth always judder across the screen not just on my 156 but on several other car's i've tried them on, ive never kept a set on for more than a week

1 - 20 of 39 Posts