Alfa Romeo Forum banner

New 156, but handbrake warning ?

889 views 3 replies 0 participants last post by  Flanno 
G
#1 ·
Collected my new 156 on Sat. Seems a lot more solid on the road compared to the 147 I had. Only problem is that the handbrake / brake fluid warning light flashes when I go around bends. I wonder could a contact in the brake fluid cable be at fault, as the cable seems quite flimsy. Or could there be a handbrake issue. Will be bringing it into dealer on Mon. and they better look at it straight away.

Any ideas what this could be ?

thx

G
#2 ·
Low brake fluid would normally cause the light to flash on/off when driving round corners. You may possibly have a leak.

Check the level, and top up if necessary and then see how you get on.

Very rarely is this sort of thing a handbrake problem.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Nareman.

G
#3 ·
Hi Flanno.

Just a quick question. Is your new 156 the updated one (ie: with JTS engine and new interior)?

If not, may I ask, why you didn't wait until it was released before getting the 156?

Just curious.

Stefan

G
#4 ·
It looks like the dealer never topped up the brake fluid. They should have done this during the pdi. All sorted now.

The model I got is the old one. To tell you the truth I prefer the look of the old dash. Also, the service manager agreed that the new model could have the ususal dashboard rattles / creaks like the 147, and as the 156 has been around since late '97, it would probably be a better choice if I was concerned about such things. Of course no asr, or arincon is a minus, but I can live with it, as this 156 feels a lot more comfortable and solid compared to the 147.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.