Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it is still less than 24 hours since I picked up the 147GTA and I have to say what a wonderful car. I love the way it handles, feels and the acceleration is excellent. I have noted an inverse relationship between the acceleration and the fuel gauge! ;-) Must just be a calibration error!;-) It's the closest car to the Integrales I owned in the 90s.

One additional comment, I would like to thanks David Whitton at Piccadilly in Knaresborough. Nice guy, competent and helpful. I guess we all tend to moan when we don't get good service so I think it is important to give so positive praise too. So thank you again David.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Welcome to the AO froum Perry. Make sure you post us some piccies of your new pride & joy(tm). ;)

·
Registered
785 Posts
Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Welcome Perry, I hope you enjoy your 147 GTA as much as I do, your be grinning every time you get in it.

Mark

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
Welcome mate fire some pics of when you get her...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone....I'll get some pictures sorted in the next couple of weeks. To those that asked, yes it was a black one, 2 years old with a little under 10K mileage. I've been searching for sometime and I guess this is an obvious statement, but there aren't too many around! The salesman suggested ca. 500 in country.

It is certainly living up to my expectaions so far.

·
Registered
47 Posts
PerryHailey - your GTA sounds very nice, enjoy!

Regarding Dvaid Whitton - I agreed, very helpful, I also purchased a car from Piccadilly in July last year.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
well done Perry, on and the fuel gauge thingy, its real, it does move downwards that quickly!

·
Registered
7,669 Posts
Hi Perry.... Welcome to AO and to 147GTA ownership :)

I've had mine for 18 months now, and the inane grin has yet to fade :D

As has been stated, fuel consumption is a bit of a shock; especially if you drive it as it likes to be driven :eek:, but it's worth it :)

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Great choice Perry, don't worry about the fuel, just think how much fun you are having, good luck:cool:

Stu:D

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Welcome to a very select grining bunch of GTA owners

Add your details to the "where are the GTA's thread" - there are some stats on GTA numbers

1 - 20 of 21 Posts