Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've finally got round to taking some pics of my new 147 Ducati Corse. I don't think these photo's really do it enough justice, the Etna Black paint job looks lovely in the sun light, with a redish gold metallic tone to it.

I've had the car nearly 3 weeks now, and am still loving it lots (especially the sport button!)

Attachments

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Looks very very nice mate! Dont think its fair that you get a Q2 as standard and I had to have one fitted myself!:rolleyes: :lol:

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Looks very very nice mate! Dont think its fair that you get a Q2 as standard and I had to have one fitted myself!:rolleyes: :lol:
So did lots of us Jim, we should just count ourselves lucky we don't have 5 speed gearboxes that don't take the Q2!

The Ducati Corse looks absolutely wicked :cool:

·
Vendor
46,121 Posts
Looks lovely that, I'd like to see those wheels and stripes on a jet black GTA.. :cool:

Or your 156 Nicky :D

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
So did lots of us Jim, we should just count ourselves lucky we don't have 5 speed gearboxes that don't take the Q2!QUOTE]

Yeah I suppose so dont want to be greedy!

Looks lovely that, I'd like to see those wheels and stripes on a jet black GTA.. :cool:
Thats what I got, a black en! I think the wheels would look good but no stripes thankyou:D

·
Vendor
46,121 Posts
Thats what I got, a black en! I think the wheels would look good but no stripes thankyou:D
Those wheels would look lush on your GTA but they are only 7" wide, so would take 215/40/18 tyres, you don't want to be putting thinner tyres on a GTA so its probably a no-go from the offset. Would look mint though, I agree. Probably the best looking wheel Alfa do at the moment. :cool:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When i first saw photos of the car, the stripes put me off too, but i like them now. It's a bit different and it's got that 80's retro style to it that reminds me of the cars i used to see as a kid (xr3i, astra gtc, anything with a go faster stripe.)
The wheels are lovely, but the rather piddly brakes behind them are even more obvious now.
(i didn't think i'd ever own a diesel either, but this one is a corker!)

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Those wheels would look lush on your GTA but they are only 7" wide, so would take 215/40/18 tyres, you don't want to be putting thinner tyres on a GTA so its probably a no-go from the offset. Would look mint though, I agree. Probably the best looking wheel Alfa do at the moment. :cool:
Aint changing my wheels anyway too much needless expense! I want and need as much rubber on the road!

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
It looks cool mate.....for a diesel! Nah seriously its nice! Get a remap! JTD engines will get a good gain!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think it's already had a remap at the factory, as it now produces 170bhp instead of the stock 150 on other JTDm's. Plus it's got the sport button which changes the ECU and throttle response. (it's like being on permanent turbo!)

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Another one couldnt hurt! Why do they do a sport button it seems pointless to me, it should be on all the time.

·
Vendor
46,121 Posts
Another one couldnt hurt! Why do they do a sport button it seems pointless to me, it should be on all the time.
I agree.

These engine push 200bhp with a good remap anyway. But drive it for a year first, cause once you go down the "more power" road you can never turn back. :lol:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
I agree.

These engine push 200bhp with a good remap anyway. But drive it for a year first, cause once you go down the "more power" road you can never turn back. :lol:
Yep thats what I thought, you should really let the engine loosen up anyway. As for wanting more power, thats me thinking what to do next! It never stops!:rolleyes:

:D

·
Vendor
46,121 Posts
Yep thats what I thought, you should really let the engine loosen up anyway. As for wanting more power, thats me thinking what to do next! It never stops!:rolleyes:

:D
You thinking you need a little more as well?

I'm in half mind to sell my car and buy summat else. Old M5's go for decent money now, a 3.8 with 340bhp should sort me right out :D

Or sort out the suspension, brakes and bodywork on mine then get it NOS'd.. :D

What to do, what to do.. :hmm:

Sorry Craig, you can have your thread back now :eek: :lol:

:getcoat:

·
Registered
9,805 Posts
Car looks great, love the black:cool: ...not a big fan of the stripe in the side

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
I think it's already had a remap at the factory, as it now produces 170bhp instead of the stock 150 on other JTDm's. Plus it's got the sport button which changes the ECU and throttle response. (it's like being on permanent turbo!)
Might be worth at least getting it on the rolling road to see how close it is to the claimed 170bhp! And while you're there you could always have it bumped up with a remap anyway :p

Whereabouts in the UK are you? We're having a rolling road/remap day in Watford in a few weeks - see the South East/London forum :)

·
Registered
3,269 Posts

Or your 156 Nicky :D
Hey, Dan - how about you buy me some and then we can see how they look? My birthday is coming up..... ;) :lol: :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts