Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just part ex'd my beloved SEAT Leon Cupra for a 147 JTD 16v.

Feeling pretty sad about loosing the SEAT at the moment, so cheer me up!

Séan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,672 Posts
percival007 said:
Hi DrLargePants ;)
just give it a couple of days driving and you'll soon forget the Alfa. :D
and want to go buy another SEAT?

:p

Welcome DLP, I'm sure your 147 will kindle a long love affair with the Alfa marque.

Sean
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,669 Posts
Hi DLP...and welcome!!

Dont feel sad... Ive just replaced my Lancia Delta HPE Turbo with an Alfa 147 GTA, and the GTA is such a joy to drive my poor HPE is gathering dust.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,518 Posts
DrLargePants said:
Hi all,

Just part ex'd my beloved SEAT Leon Cupra for a 147 JTD 16v.

Feeling pretty sad about loosing the SEAT at the moment, so cheer me up!

Séan
Welcome to AO and welcome to a new world of 'driving'... That's what Alfa's are all about mate, so just get in that 147 and give it a good thrashing. That should put the grins on ya!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
143 Posts
GhostyDog said:
and want to go buy another SEAT?

:p

Welcome DLP, I'm sure your 147 will kindle a long love affair with the Alfa marque.

Sean
Absolutely DLP, i was only joking ;)
You will love the 147, it'll be the best buy you ever made.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,451 Posts
Hello and welcome to AO . :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi, thanks for that, I wasn't getting any replies and thought I'd done something wrong ;-)

I must say the interior is fantastic on the Alfa, going from 180bhp petrol (with mad turbo whistle!) to 140bhp desiel is a bit of a wrench though. I do 25k a year miles now though, so petrol is just to expensive.

Not to keen on thee colour (Proteo Red), and the alloys are minging, but at the price it would have been rude not to buy it !

All this talk of the 147 having a hard ride is !!!!!!!! though imo, it rides like a limo compaired to my old Ibiza Tdi sport !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31,304 Posts
DrLargePants said:
though imo, it rides like a limo compaired to my old Ibiza Tdi sport !
So why don't you go back to your Ibiza? :p :p :p

You were asking for this reply. They are certainly 2 different cars. Actually, the Ibiza feels more like a toy. ;)

Anyway, welcome. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,530 Posts
THROTTLEMAN said:
So why don't you go back to your Ibiza? :p :p :p

You were asking for this reply. They are certainly 2 different cars. Actually, the Ibiza feels more like a toy. ;)

Anyway, welcome. :D
I think the Leon looks quite good. If I am not mistaken that´s due to the former head of design from Alfa now working at Seat.

Anyway welcome at AO. If it is any conselation, you are now driving the design Seat is looking for by acquiring the former chief of design from Alfa.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I picked it up today complete with new small dent on the drivers side rear quarter and the part they ordered for it not fitted. Still I got a free tank of fuel out of them and a free topup for when I bring it back to get the (admitidly very small!) dent fixed

Welcome to Alfa Dealers I supose ? :
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,067 Posts
DrLargePants said:
Well I picked it up today complete with new small dent on the drivers side rear quarter and the part they ordered for it not fitted. Still I got a free tank of fuel out of them and a free topup for when I bring it back to get the (admitidly very small!) dent fixed

Welcome to Alfa Dealers I supose ? :
hello doc and welcome, yep the dents that alfas are so susceptible to are very annoying, time to straddle two parking spaces ;)
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top