Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have just recently bought my first Alfa and already wondering why I haven't done it sooner!! It's a 52 plate 147 2.0ltr Ts lusso, 1 previous owner from new, 80,000 miles but with a fsh. It flew through it's Mot with the only advisory being slight wear on the rear silencer just a week before I got it. Also has had a full cambelt kit changed on the recommended 72,000 miles... Saying all this I was just wondering whether there's any I should be aware of now or in the near future? Many thanks. J.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Welcome! Sounds like a good buy - I have a 156 and typically, issue can arise from the wishbones wearing down (im no mechanic but i believe the 147/156 are almost the same underneath)

Really though.. just enjoy it!

Mike

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Check oil levels on a regular basis, some 2.0L Twin Sparks are heavy drinkers, others not so. Nothing to worry about, just make sure you check.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes love the car!! Will always keep an ear out for any knocking noises that start to occur and then look into wishbones etc... And of course will keep on top of all fluid levels so thanks for the comments and fingers crossed for now!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts