Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just bought myself a Black 2003 147 Selespeed the other day and stumbled accross this forum. Just wanna introduce myself. I know i'll be a regular visitor.

The car itself is beuatiful to drive. Of course it doesn't have the same power and torque as my previous car (2003 Subaru Impreza WRX) but it still goes pretty good and the interior is awesome (Has the TI leather sport seats and sunroof). Couldn't be happier with the purchase!

Cheers!

·
Registered
827 Posts
welcome cooljay :)

Another aussie with a 147..Few and far between :)
Look after her and she'll keep you happy for some time still.
How about some happysnaps of your bella.Post them up on the "Just Images " section when you have a chance.
Happy motoring!

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
Welcome to AO and I hope you enoy your 147. :D

If there are any real day-day deficiencies for the 147 then it relates to brakes and damper/shock absorbers especially with the 17" rims. Easy to improve the brakes with new non Alfa Romeo pads /disks and new non-Alfa Romeo shocks really improve the ride and handling on Australian roads.

Bilstein B6 and Koni sport adjustables work really well if and when you see the need to replace the originals. (IMHO they are buggered from new ;))

The standard AR brake disks will only last about 40,000 kms with city driving. I would go for something different than AR originals if and when they need changing (will also be cheaper!)

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Hi, welcome to AO

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Welcome to AO, bootiful 147 you have :)

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Hi There,

Welcome to another Alfa man from down under. Hope your climate is better than ours here in Hemel Hempstead at the moment. Have only used this site since October, but find it to be the best font of Alfa info. FOC anywhere. From one Newbie to another, Enjoy!
Regards, Zulu Ferret.

·
Super Moderator
60,038 Posts
Hi Cooljay, welcome to this great site, glad you found us. You have posted some beautiful pic of your alfa, look forward to seeing more of you on the various threads. Cheers:)

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Hello and Welcome !! :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts