Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

Few years back I had a 156 which was fantastic until I moved house and the insurance went through the roof!

Fast forward a couple of years and I've just purchased a 147 (via a Fiat Punto) as I just couldn't get rid of that Alfa lust.

Got a 2003 2.0ts Lusso with just on 72k on the clock, one little old lady owner blah blah but looks like new - however as is obligatory with used cars there are couple of niggles i'm hoping you can help with:

1. The rev counter doesn't work. At all. Dead 0 no matter what I do. I'm suspecting a relay or fuse somewhere, but any idea where to start?

2. Every time I start her up I get the yellow code 'key' icon in the computer and it says something about code fail. Sadly I only got the black key as apposed to the red key with the car, but any ideas?

Thanks in advance - so chuffed to have an Alfa again, just want to get her all properly sorted!!!

L

·
0 Posts
even with the code light on is the engine starting?

147's never used red keys, always black.

does the speedo & ABS work?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Engine starts and drives fine every time, just flags a yellow error each time on start up.

Just had another look and accompanying the yellow code thing is the text 'immobiliser failure'.

Speedo and ABS function fine, it's just the rev counter that's dead. It lights up ok with the headlights on, just doesn't function!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On closer inspection of my key, the battery compartment was loose and the battery wiggling about. I've now closed it properly and tightened it up, but still get the immobilizer failure message. Going to try disconnecting the battery tonight and touching the cables together to reset the ECU - from searching around on here i'm currently thinking that this could perhaps reset both problems?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts