Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I've just bought my self a new 1996 Alfa 145 cloverleaf. This is the second one of these I'v owned and it turns out I'm already a member and I'd forgotten. My previous posts of catastrophic engine failure are bringing it all back. Ha why have I bought another :).

That being said I bought this one and drove it home 180 miles on my topgear challenge buy an Alfa for under £500 and drive it home. Long story short the car was fine intact it was very good so it should be with 53k on the clock. The body work, paintwork, wheels and headliner all leave alot to be desired.

But it's my new project! I have finished with my old project my phase 1 306 gti. I have a thing for European hatchbacks so when I saw this I snapped it up.

Cheers Michael

Attachments

·
Administrator
46,672 Posts
Brilliant little cars. And you got it in the right colour, with the right alloys too.

The fact that you've got to do some work sorting the body maybe gives you the opportunity to colour code the bumpers? Makes it look much more modern.

I'd ask if it has the famous blue clovers on the side skirts - except someone seems to have removed that part of the body kit entirely!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there,

The car has green cloverleafs on the back and the other side skirt. I do have the broken piece of the other sideskirt which I'm hoping to salvage. If not I'll source a new.

The plan is to restore the wheels either back to original or a gun metal grey which I think may suite the colour (yet to be decided). I may also look at colour coding the bumpers.

First port if call is the exhaust as it is brand new throughout but the back box isn't correct.

·
Administrator
46,672 Posts
Yeah, I thought the back box looked a bit out of keeping with the car, but I didn't want to mention that because it looked fairly new and you might not have been planning to change it!

I've never seen those alloys in anything other than original colour, but you might be right, they might look pretty good a few shades darker.

·
Administrator
46,672 Posts
Here's mine from a long time ago. Might give away why I liked your colour and wheel combo. :D

Will also give you a clue as to whether you like the body colour bumper look and help you decide.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts