Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

First post so here goes.
Just acquired a 64 plate 105hp TwinAir and its a pleasure to drive with one exception.

At idle there is an obvious vibration (felt through the steering and seat in particular) that goes away once you apply the accelerator. Seems to be present around 700-800 rpm.
It happens when the clutch is fully depressed either in or out of gear. I've not experienced this with any other car. Is it a characteristic of the TwinAir or sign of something to diagnose and fix?

The car has done 21300 miles since 2014 and not thrashed by its previous owner. It was exclusively serviced by a franchised dealer, most recently in September this year.

Any thoughts much appreciated.

BB

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hi there,

First post so here goes.
Just acquired a 64 plate 105hp TwinAir and its a pleasure to drive with one exception.

At idle there is an obvious vibration (felt through the steering and seat in particular) that goes away once you apply the accelerator. Seems to be present around 700-800 rpm.
It happens when the clutch is fully depressed either in or out of gear. I've not experienced this with any other car. Is it a characteristic of the TwinAir or sign of something to diagnose and fix?

The car has done 21300 miles since 2014 and not thrashed by its previous owner. It was exclusively serviced by a franchised dealer, most recently in September this year.

Any thoughts much appreciated.

BB
On my 2009 155hp MiTo (and the Giulietta), the engine mount had gone bad so I changed it. Both cars were smoother and had less vibrations after. Might be the same problem on your car.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mine mito 155 has vibrations as it is a diesel with bad engine mounts. I have changed them all. Тhe rear gearbox one was really bad, then the right one on the gearbox was ok but softened, and the left one near the cambelt was ok.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Mine mito 155 has vibrations as it is a diesel with bad engine mounts. I have changed them all. Тhe rear gearbox one was really bad, then the right one on the gearbox was ok but softened, and the left one near the cambelt was ok.
ok,
Any Idea of what I should expect to pay for that?
or could it be coil packs were not changed at last service? (read elsewhere that this can cause idle vibrations)

BB

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got a new Mito with 1500km on the meter now. i notice the same with the twinair engine.
So how bad is it? I am not shaking or anything, but its noticable.
i guess its part of the 2 cilinder character..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just got a new Mito with 1500km on the meter now. i notice the same with the twinair engine.
So how bad is it? I am not shaking or anything, but its noticable.
i guess its part of the 2 cilinder character..
I had wondered that also. I think i'm going to keep an eye on it and see if it gets worse.

BB

·
Registered
213 Posts
Two cylinder engines vibrate more just by the nature of how they work, unless its really shaking or misfiring I expect it's just part of the character of the engine type.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts