Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Has anyone tried Neuton tyres as advertised on eBay? They seem to be "reasonably" priced. Are they any good, do they have any grip,what do they wear like, are they "E" marked for UK use??

Any views appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
37,369 Posts
Never heard of them.

Most likely far-eastern ditchfinders that should be avoided.

Spend the extra money and get a better known brand, tyres are not something to penny pinch on.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
They're Indonesian. Personally I wouldn't waste my money on any unknown brand tyres because your safety relies on them. In my experience, with tyres you do actually get what you pay for so if you want to pay budget prices then you can't really expect anything more than s**t handling from them.

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
probably work well on an ox drawn cart, between 10 and 35 degrees C

so, will they really work on a high performance car, braking, turning a sharp corner, when raining at say 2C ?

the gambles people take to save a few quid.......

·
Registered
299 Posts
A good quality cheap Tyre like Falken or Kumho is what you want. Goodyear/Dunlop group make Falken. Kumho is Korean but still good.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i've got some Barum 224 45 17's on my new civic diesel (190 bhp dont you know) and they are very good.
Quiet, progressive in wet and dry, strong grip.

In comparison - the Continentals the car came with were very similar performance and the fronts were shot by 11k. Replaced with Bridgestone - **** **** **** - squealed, noisy on the road and gone by 5500k - yes tracking was perfect.

Barum's upto 5k already and still look pretty fresh. Most of these unknown names are often by the big manufacturers and i beleive the Barum brand is associated with Continental - it shows.

oh yeah they were £76 fitted and balanced each.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts