Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
18,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking around at my neighbours’ cars, there aren’t any that I’d want.

the folks that had a 156 chopped it for a new Civic. There are two BMW 3ers, a Jaguar coupe, an Insignia, a Polo, and a B-Class.

Most recently, a previously car-less neighbour got himself some new wheels. Some rather cool wheels. An Audi A2. And I’m thinking... hmm, I wouldn’t mind that.

What have your neighbours got car-wise that you may have a secret hankering for?

·
Administrator
45,942 Posts
Fella round the corner pulls an E-Type out of his garage from time to time for a polish. I'm not sure there's anything else I'd particularly want.

Reactions: Scudetto

·
Registered
15,109 Posts
A bloke a few doors down has an Octavia VRS, which means under rule 1 of my car rules I can't buy one. My street is a cul-de-sac off the main branch. There's another cul-de-sac and a chap down there has an X308. Other than that, it's mostly dreadful.

Reactions: Scudetto

·
Registered
631 Posts
There’s a bloke by me with a ‘60s Elan that I wouldn’t say no to. A few doors down there’s an M140i, but aside from those not much to write home about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
My neighbour one side has a daily driver of a 2003 Porsche Boxster. Always liked the shape, but it does have a nasty habit of setting off it's own alarm on a regular basis. The other side is having a mid life crisis and has puchased a 2007 Beemer 6 series convertible precisely because he can't fit any of his kids in so his wife has to cart them all around in her Disco. Opposite only ever buys new BMW 3 series estates (one of which he recently parked halfway across my front wall) and the two other houses on my cul de sac have gone all green so one has a Tesla 3 and the other has just got himself a Porsche Taycan.

Other than the Boxster I wouldn't be too fussed on anything else. Having said that - I don't expect my Audi A4 avant and Disco sport send many pulses racing in my neighbours either. We've gone well downhill since we had kids. My driveway used to have an XK8 (mine) and a Golf Gti (hers) back in the day - and, lest we forget, a 2004 minter 156!

·
Registered
520 Posts
My immediate neighbours, NOTHING AT ALL! The most interesting is probably a mildly restored Land Rover. Virtually everything else demonstrates the car as white goods. Especially the couple who have 2 white Vauxhalls

But in the village....

There's an MG RV8, a GTV and a lurid green Cateham syle kit car. And there's a guy who sells Morgans and often brings one home

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
Nice bright blue Mazzer Ghibli five houses down I would not say no to....brick coloured leather which is a bit odd in a blue car.....but at least its a 3.0 V6 petrol....not the derv which seems far more common.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Next door-but-one has an Aston Martin which I wouldn't mind, and a Maserati SUV which is less to my taste.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I'm surrounded by dullness!
An old A4 estate
Seat Leon
Golf
Passat
Citroën DS3

Elsewhere on the little close where I reside.
There is a Ferrari 456 (I think) but its in blue and not an interesting shape. I do like hearing it backing out of his garage and heading off though.
There's a BMW Alpine B3 nearby too. The guy is constantly cleaning the multispoke wheels, they'd drive me mad!!

·
Registered
9,474 Posts
On our peninsula there are two Porsches - a Boxter S (which I like) and a Cayenne (which I don't) belonging to the same household. Otherwise there is very little within 20 miles that isn't a Korean s**tbox, bloody SUV or Golf TDI.

·
Registered
38,161 Posts
There isn't anything on my road which I would swap my 330d for, except perhaps a nice 15 plate 535d M sport which parks up every couple of weeks or so. My neighbours have poor taste in cars, mostly it is just older fords and Vauxhalls etc.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Nowt down my road worth looking at. A bloke the next road over used to have a smart dark grey Evo 8, but bought a Focus RS Mk2 instead , which seemed stupid to me. Even worse now its got a way oversized exhaust on and sounds crap, even with the 5 cyl motor. Same goes for another the other road over who's got an Elise Mk2 which sounds like a bad boi 1.2 Corsa from 2003. Can't understand it myself.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Someone on the other side of the cul de sac type bit we have has a Golf R, probably a PCP purchase... Another one has a Boxster, everything else on the street are just generic cars. My 3.0 156 stood out but now it sleeps in the garage and my drive is hogged by a boring mk8 Civic.

·
Registered
369 Posts
There is a Rover P6B 3500 sitting in a front yard a block over that hasnt moved in the 8 years ive been here. I keep meaning to see if he wants to sell it - it has great patina but looks solid. Would make a great restomod project keeping it weathered and original on the outside, but some tasty bits underneath.

A LS conversion for a start...

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
One of our neighbours has a 159 and 156 on the drive..... gorgeous...great taste... ;)

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
Next door has a 1927 Rolls Royce Sedanca, and Bentley Arnage (2000), next door but one has a loud Boxter and a few doors down lives a very nice Triumph Stag that I covet.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
^ Which reminds me that in a friend's garage lie two abandoned vintage Rolls Royces. But obviously such friends wouldn't live next door to us.

·
Registered
13,236 Posts
Jaguar XF a few doors down.. otherwise various smaller VW-group SuV's which doesn't do it for me, or the geezer always tinkering with a Toyota Celica. So, not really.

Ralf S.

·
Registered
9,474 Posts
On our peninsula there are two Porsches - a Boxter S (which I like) and a Cayenne (which I don't) belonging to the same household. Otherwise there is very little within 20 miles that isn't a Korean s**tbox, bloody SUV or Golf TDI.
I forgot the fully restored vintage Bentley. It's very nice.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts