Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Need your advice Giulietta People

Tags
people
1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  symon 
#1 ·
My sister wants a Giulietta, she saw a car she liked on Saturday a 2012 Veloce Hatchback, the dealer told her it was a 170bhp model with no tax to pay, it even has this on their advert. She left a deposit for the car on the proviso they offered to change the front headlamp which was full of condensation. It turns out the car is not 170 its 120 bhp and tax is £145, She feels missold, I think she's right and they have false advertised a product, What do you Giulietta folk think,

Cheers

#2 ·
Considering the advert was misleading then I would expect my deposit back. Print out the advert before they change it then if they wont refund threaten with trading standards and the small claims court.

I think only the latest 1.6 Diesels are tax free, none of the petrol models are.

#3 ·
Advice above is spot on. I had a similar experience, wasn't that the car was advertised wrong was more of an issue with the condition once had the car delivered. I had the original print out and the dealer didn't have a leg to stand on when trying to blame me for the damage after delivery.

Also very concerning that a garage seems to know nothing about cars!! Even a simple Reg Check would have told them if it was a 170 or 120. Would get deposit back and run from that dealer quickly

#4 ·
Also she looked at another car which had only 19k miles and was 2 grand more, and actually is a 170 bhp model, they are offering her that for the same money as the original car, sounds like a good deal to me, would they do that just because they have messed up so bad?

#7 ·
Love it. First Alfa I have ever owned and bought it as an exdemonstrator 7 months old with 2,300 miles in Feb 2012. Apart from having to have the washer pump replaced and a dealer not using the correct oil at 12 months old it has been trouble free. There again I have had the oil changed at 9000 mile intervals (half way between services) and am currently up to 42,900 miles.

My wife is not the slightest bit interested in cars but even she can spot an Alfa and in particularly the Giulietta. It is down to that extra special something the Italian design flair gives it.

I could, and do on occasions, drive it all day without feeling any discomfort which is more than I could say about the company cars I have had in the past (mainly Vauxhalls but including a Rover 400 and VW Golf).

Fuel consumption is nowhere near the official figures but then I didn't expect that given the lack of acceleration required by the standard test would not bring the turbo into play. It is however nearly 20% better than the Xsara VTS which preceded it and had a similar performance. The performance was why the G was on my original short list.

Servicing is the only downside. The nearest Alfa Indie was almost 30 miles away (BLS in Lincoln) but Tom and Phil retired last month and so it looks as if I will have to venture into the wilds of South Yorkshire to Northern Alfa at Maltby in future which is just a bit further. Still I bought it from Bauer Millet in Manchester and took it to Picadilly at Knaresborough while in warranty and that was 65 miles each way.

#8 ·
Servicing is the only downside. The nearest Alfa Indie was almost 30 miles away (BLS in Lincoln) but Tom and Phil retired last month and so it looks as if I will have to venture into the wilds of South Yorkshire to Northern Alfa at Maltby in future which is just a bit further. Still I bought it from Bauer Millet in Manchester and took it to Picadilly at Knaresborough while in warranty and that was 65 miles each way.
What about Intaservices in Leicester? Now the A46 is sorted it wont take you that long to get there.

#10 ·
Its a common ploy - 'accidentally' up-specing the description and unbelievably, quite a high percentage of buyers always assume the ads are correct and never spot the 'mistake'. (I've never heard of any cases of the spec being understated!)

#12 ·
The 170 Petrol is supposed to be better on fuel than the 120 believe it or not.

I expect the insurance might be a bit more, but all things be equal it is a no brainer for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.