Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After looking through lots of threads trying to justify buying bigger wheels, I've decided to stick with the 16" tele's.
However they are blistering and look a bit tatty, a guy I know who works for a powder coating company said he would take the old paint off and paint them any colour I want for £25 per wheel... is this good and has anyone got pics of their teledials in colours other than standard silver?
- I'm thinking maybe gun metal, anthracite, black or gold. ... or just back to original colour?

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
... Oh, I forgot to ask, as I'm saving money not buying wheels, I have money to put into buying some nice sticky tires-
What would people suggest if I said I was mainly interested in maximum grip for a max of £100 per corner?

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
At £25 i'd take his arm off for that price...:)
I did think that black with a red rim stripe would look good on a black motor.

·
Read Only
4,556 Posts
Michelin ps3s seem pretty good to me. If I was still working up in Newcastle, I'd be bringing my wheels to your mate as well for that price....!

·
Premium Member
77,413 Posts
£25 a wheel is superb if a proper job. Presume you might need to do your own prep? Maybe gerrit done and show pics, pls. Then givvus his number. :thumbs:

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Do any of the wheels need repairing at all?

Will he lacquer them too?

Stick with silver.

G

·
teledials

have you thought of mainly black or anthrecite and having the raised edges of the rings polished alloy just the faces :inlove: ????? as for tyres I really like avon zz3's buy one get one silly price if you order through the argos catalogue at national tyres YES argos catalogue I know nearly fell off my chair

·
Registered
296 Posts
have you thought of mainly black or anthrecite and having the raised edges of the rings polished alloy just the faces :inlove: ????? as for tyres I really like avon zz3's buy one get one silly price if you order through the argos catalogue at national tyres YES argos catalogue I know nearly fell off my chair

National tyres also use Tyre shopper where you can get ZZ3's for £71 a corner, budget tyre prices.

However I recently fitted a set of Westlakes at £50 a corner and am seriously impressed by the performance. Far better than the Goodyear F1 GSd3's they replaced, probably because the F1's are pretty ancient in tyre technology. Thats the only thing with the ZZ3's which are getting on a bit too now.

G

·
That's a good deal on the rims:D

Be careful about tyres though.
"Sticky" tyres that can be bought for track/ fast road use are great on dry surfaces, wet roads, they become lethal.
Do some research on your size and speed rating of tyre. Sites like "Which?" Often do thorough test comparisons beyond current,standard safety tests and often come up with surprising results.
Buy well, buy smart when it comes to tyres... It's the most effective safety item to keep you and your family from harm by far.;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts