Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys n girls

I want to change the indicator stalk unit on a 2001 year GTV. The current one self-cancels after turning left but stays on after turning right, which I find irritating.

1. Have been quoted £160 for new part from Alfa Romeo dealer, or £50 from breakers. Am wary about buying from a breakers yard. Should I bite the bullet and buy new part from dealer?
2. Is it easy to remove old part and install new one? Alfa dealer quoted 0.7 hours to remove and fit with labour @ £75.00 per hour + VAT, ie around £62.00 all-in. If its a poxy job to swap it, for the sake of £62.00 I will use the dealer.

All replies appreciated. Thanks in advance. Andy

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
If it annoys you that much, it's pointless buying a secondhand part as it will be worn. regards changing, you have to disconnect the battery and leave for half an hour to allow the air bag to be safe, remove the airbag, remove the steering wheel, (some come easy, some don't) TBH I would probably pay the £62!! :lol:

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,380 Posts
If it annoys you that much, it's pointless buying a secondhand part as it will be worn. regards changing, you have to disconnect the battery and leave for half an hour to allow the air bag to be safe, remove the airbag, remove the steering wheel, (some come easy, some don't) TBH I would probably pay the £62!! :lol:
+1 :thumbs:

I think that non self cancelling is pretty common on these, mine works most of, but not all, of the time, it's a thing I can live with.

If you really do want to change it I'm with Mitch on this, pay the £62, seems a darn good deal to me. And use a new one, otherwise it will quite possibly be a complete waste of time and money.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Just an advice on where to find a new one: this products is made by Valeo and is available to the aftermarket. It means you can get the same one than from the Alfa dealer but -hopefully- at a better price if you buy it from a car parts distributor :)
The Valeo P/N for the GTV/Spider is P/N: 251338
I think they've all got the same functions anyway. If you're around London it's worth giving a ring to Alfashop in Norwich for example to get a price. I've replaced mine on my previous car (206) and I agree with what Mitch said.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts