Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following my car failing her MOT because of the led abs not comin on, on start up. Does any one have some clocks I can borrow for 10 mins to pass her through the MOT? I'm in Rainham in Kent and happy to pay for the privilege or if you can solder a bulb for me.. I'm located in Medway if you can help.

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
Chris, I have lent you my Ph2 clocks, what's the problem? (besides the fact you are ignoring my texts and posts now you have them :rolleyes:)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mitch sorry I'm not ignoring your text. Got a new number. And can't acces y inbox on the iphone. I have just got round to fitting your clocks for the mot, as had the car off the road again for a few months. The abs light isn't coming on on start up so classed her as a failure but the car is stuck in Strood. Had diagnostics on it and the abs is fine and cleared but it's just the light

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
Same here... My light won't come on with the ignition either. Tried swapping clocks... No joy.
Also a PH2, ABS is working 100%, just no light.
I hope someone manages to find a fix for this. :(

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
Hmmm ok :) is the speed reading sorted now though? have you checked the obvious, the bulb? I wonder if the wiring diagram shows where it gets the check signal from so you can test that. I will have a look see.

Edit after looking at the wiring diagram.

There are 2 fuses for the ABS. one by the main fuse box 10A (G125a on the diagram) and one appears to be located in the boot area 60A (G125b) They are both called "ABS system Fuse" You can check voltage from fuse G125b at the abs unit as it supplies 12v to pins 17 and 18 via a red cable. the other fuse is fed via a key operated supply cut off relay (again, located in the boot) and feeds 12v to pin 15 in a pink and black cable - according to diagram. Pins 16 and 19 are earths. These are the main things to check for the preliminary system check.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts