Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - I have a 159 Ti 2009 and its does not have a spare key any ideas where to get one that will work with the car and not go via the Alfa dealers?

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
I don't know how much luck you'll have with this, one user has claimed they can recode used keys, but can't confirm this., You'd need to do a search, there's numerous threads on here.

AFAIK the only way to get a proper working key easily is via the dealership.

Depending on how unscrupulous you are, you could always get key cover on your insurance and claim down the line.

·
Registered
4 Posts
On my old 147 I took the transponder out of my good key and taped it to the steering column. Then I got a second eBay key, programmed it to the car for the remote buttons and got a new blade cut.
I don't imagine the insurance would be too keen on that either though...

Another thread here suggests second hand keys can be reused: Re-programming a key fob for an Alfa 159

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have seen that - i wonder if someone has tried him - I see that the feed back is good.

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
I don't know how much luck you'll have with this, one user has claimed they can recode used keys, but can't confirm this., You'd need to do a search, there's numerous threads on here.

AFAIK the only way to get a proper working key easily is via the dealership.

Depending on how unscrupulous you are, you could always get key cover on your insurance and claim down the line.
Key insurance was the best £47 I ever spent, got a nice new 159 key supplied and coded by Alfa and saved myself about £500 a few years ago.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So update for you Ned at Auto luzzo are quoting £180.00 all in. 2hrs to do the job....... sounds like a plan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts