Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am trying to fix someones 2001 selespeed 147 and the problem is that when i open the door the pump dont run. I can here the relay clicking but it dont activate the pump. i know the pump is fine as i connected it direct from battery power but what i dont understand is that it dont work when door is opened. I have replaced the accumulator and i managed to get it out of gear obviosly mannually powering the pump. I have checked on alfadiag and 2 fault codes are showing

p1763 - can message reception and p1770 - accelerator pedal absent.

can anyone tell me what i need to do in order to fix this problem.

·
Vendor
45,299 Posts
I don't have an answer for you sorry, but I'm sure someone will be along by tomorrow as most of the tech gurus will be asleep/*****d right now. Best of luck with it :)

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
are you getting a live and a good ground on the wire to the pump?

the wire from the relay goes more or less straight to the pump, try swapping the relay with the one for the rad fan (in the box by the battery) and do check the big connector just be the realy and clean with contact cleaner.

Hopefully it should be one of them.

HTH

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
if the pump runs directly from battery & the relay clicks but does not activate the pump either:

* the 12 volt power to feed the pump via the relay, the fuse could be blown

* the relay is defective, swap it with another

* broken wire/connection from relay to pump connector.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
p1763 - can message reception and p1770 - accelerator pedal absent.

try recharging the battery & clear errors

any engine errors will nee dot be cleared vis its OWN ecu: ME7.3.1 ... iirc

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i have cleared the code but instantly come on again when i read it again. I did try to connect to the engine's ecu but it dont connect. It is me7.3.1 but no joy. Even the immobiliser is kicked in and i cant do emerency start cuz engune light dont even work. I dissconected the temp sensor wire and the fan dont kick in and again i can hear the relay clicking.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well i have fixed the problem and the issue was a fuse had blown where the positive terminal is. i bridged it with a wire and the car started fine. thanks anyway guys

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
Swap the Sele control relay for the fuel pump relay, they are the same relay, though it's probably just corrosion on the relay terminals, so make sure they are clean, if when you turn the key you hear the FUEL pump prime then you know the relay is fine. Next undo the large Sele multiplug next to the battery, squirt is some WD40 and reconnect it, Ensure the sele oil is upto the max mark.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts