Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all

I would like to sell a 2001 Alfa 156 which is currently at my mechanics in Leeds and don't know how best to go about it.

I took the car in last monday after losing power and engine management light coming on, when the mechanic noted that they needed to open the cylinders which would be quiet costly thus recommend writing it off. And with it being January i had to have plan B and luckly on friday i got another 156 in good nik. I think once you get an Alfa its diffcult to go for another make lol.

To cut a longs story short I don't know if can sell it for parts (thou I dont have the expertise break it up) or sell it to someone who better placed make good use and work on the car.

I look forward to the forum advice.

Kind regards,
tonyalfz

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
I am guessing Cam belt failure? The whole car for someone to repair is worth approx £300. Yes, it's worth more in parts but 156 second hand parts are plentyful at the moment, then there is the time and effort in removing the parts, storeage, and posting. It all depends if you can be bothered!

·
Registered
9,590 Posts
Agreed - there are plenty of 156s on Ebay at any one time selling for spares / repairs - I've bought them for anything from £150 to £300 depending on condition, and of course tax/test...

Ebay is probably the easiest way to sell - just be open in your description of the car and set a reserve that you are comfortable with - but realistic about!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alfa 156 sale

am looking to sell it for btw £600 _£500 for it.

more details on car at the moment:
- engine management light on
- lack of power
- managed to get another car so this 2nd car is not required

cheers,
tonyalfz

1 - 5 of 5 Posts