Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of seven year old kids on my estate smashed my rear screen this afternoon for ****s and giggles. The police found them but they're both blaming each other so no chance of any joy from the parents. Not covered on my insurance and the quote from Autoglass was ridiculous.

Has anybody got a rear screen going spare? a long shot I know... I've contacted a few of the reclaimer network sites so hoping to hear something in the morning.:mad:

R

·
0 Posts
I remember reading on a previous thread that Autolusso are breaking a couple GTVs and recommend a glass fitter who can swap them out for you.

A

·
0 Posts
Ouch! 600 quid!!! Might as well get one fitted for that price - or maybe go for a polycarbonate...
It's not £600 for the screen, he's put that price to stop people bidding because he's a breaker. I think you would get what's left of the car for that. Give them a call and ask the price, but if Ned has one and can get it swapped thats probably the best option.

·
Vendor
7,045 Posts
It's not £600 for the screen, he's put that price to stop people bidding because he's a breaker. I think you would get what's left of the car for that. Give them a call and ask the price, but if Ned has one and can get it swapped thats probably the best option.
Correct, we have GTV rear screens and a really good glass fitter that can fit it for you, I must however point out that I can’t guarantee the rear heated window will work

Ned

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Yeah good news Ned. I'd be interested to find out more, especially price ! Incidentally, there's a place oop north doing polycarbonate rear screen + fitting kit + carriage + VAT for just a smidge over 200 quid, for those of you yet to suffer the slings and arrows of ADHD 8 yr olds letting rip on their rear screen cos they're bored.:) I'll give AL a bell in the morning.

jh

·
Registered
333 Posts
im based near gatwick got a complete tailgate including screen if your int,may be cheaper to buy a tailgate complete or get one sprayed,friend of mine chose this option when his people carrier rear screen was damaged it was cheaper to change the lot.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im based near gatwick got a complete tailgate including screen if your int,may be cheaper to buy a tailgate complete or get one sprayed,friend of mine chose this option when his people carrier rear screen was damaged it was cheaper to change the lot.
cheers mate! ...but my GTV doesnt have a tailgate:confused:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts