Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys does anyone in englnd or anywhere
know where i can get my hands on a valve spring for a 1.7 ( just 1)
and a hydraulic tappert as its impossible to get them in australia please

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I've got that kind of stuff hanging around in my basement, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Hit up your local Alfa owners club.
I also think I've heard of a tappet from some other brand of car (VW Golf or something) that can be used, but I can't remember what car it was from or even if it was definitely the boxer engine which it could be substituted into. ;)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi ben thanks for your reply yeh iv called around and they dont seem to have any iv called melbourne milan spares italian job and miglie mille iv tried turin spares but they dont have anything would you know someone who does im willing to pay

·
Registered
20 Posts
Tried 'The Spare Place' in Adelaide?? They should have the tappets (Buy 8, trust me!). If not VW ones fit (INA brand) Im sure someone will chime in with a part number etc, search this forum for the answer. Valve spring, try a wreckers. Euro Car Parts is also a good supplier of Alfa 33 stuff, they have a network all over Australia, bound to have something. Not sure if 1.5 valve springs would work, but probaby. Is one broken?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey 77sudti

yeh ill give them a go tomorow thanks alot
yeh my spring snapped only one of them did the others are in good nick
i gave euro asv a call today they didnt have neither so ill try spare place and turin

and would you know what vw

K

·
0 Posts
if the springs are the same as from a 1.5 engine then i will have some, no spare hydraulic tappets though.

maybe brit has some leftover from when he changed all his??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts