Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 156 GTA, 2003 model and want to change the fuel hoses that go to the fuel rail and the hose that goes to the rear fuel rail.
Fuel hoses are from the GTA were new and 17 years old. Every year I read about classic cars that burn in the spring when the season starts. Therefore, I want to be on the safe side and replace these.

I visited my local Alfa Romeo dealer, but after 2 days I was told that they could not find any part or part number.
Can anyone help me with part number?
Are there any other gasoline hoses that should be replaced?

One other question; At the end of the fuel rail is there a black cover / screw? What is it? Can one disassemble it from the rail? Want to get the rail zinc.

I thank you for all the answers?

Regards
Arne

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
The black cap covers a bleed/drain valve, it just unscrews.
Not sure if anyone will stock original fuel hoses anymore, but they are fairly easy to replace with new hose and fittings, all pretty standard fittings.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Replacing the original hose with regular fuel hose is the answer :). Was busy finding the part number on the hose that the idea was completely gone. Thanks, it was simple and easy.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I used SAE J30 R9 spec fuel hose and fuel hose clips. The standard setup is a nylon line with rubber protective sleeve and dorman clips.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi
Thanks for the tips and I'm going to do the same. Very good you gave me spec on the hose and see that a local hose company sells these.

Do you remember the inner diameter of the hose? Is it 8- 9mm? Due to Corona they only sell online and the store is closed. Want to order but need diam. My GTA is on winter storage and does not have access to it now.

Impressively great engine room you have. Looks brand new and must be the way the GTA looked when it came from the factory in Italy. Are the engine covers "Vapor Blasting"? What have you used on the covers to keep them looking nice?

Thanks
Regards
Dysan

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
The hose is AN-6 or 8mm ID. AN-6 hardline and quick couple fittings also fit straight onto the existing pipework.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts