Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my wife are looking to buy a family car.
Personaly I don't want anything big, more like a MiTo size car with four doors and big enough leg room for the back seats.
On the other hand my wife likes big SUVs like the Q5 or the X3:tut::tut:
which I "hate" both....
Personally I don't like any of the big SUVs available in the market right now

So, as an "all around" solution I found the new Skoda Yeti 4x4
I know it's not very pretty from the outside but it's not as massive as a Q5 or X3, it has huge leg room and boot space and it's a 4x4 with a 1.8 turbo petrol engine
I will go to test drive it one of these days

Anyone has any opinion about this?
I would love if you have any alternative suggestion to make :thumbs:

·
Registered
39,044 Posts
Ford! Want a familly car stick to a focus.
What he said.

The newer shape Focus isn't the best looking car in the world but is a brilliant bit of kit underneath. Being a Ford dealers are everywhere and the bits are cheap.

G

·
Yeti actually looks okay. (Okay it's a Skoda, but...)

Checkout the Hyundai Tuscon and SantaFe.

What about an AWD Panda?

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
try a Pugeot 307 - my Dad has just bought one, as a change from his Chevrolet Tahoe 5.7 (quite a change eh?) and is absolutely loving it, loads of room, super economical, and a smooth quiet drive.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Focus - ok, so I'm biased towards Fords, but in my opinion they have been market leaders in family cars for years & years & years, you really can't go wrong

G

·
I'd say don't get a Ford, but that's only because i'm from Essex (Land of the Ford for decades now) and vowed when I passed my test that I would never own one :)

G

·
Every car I have owned has been Italian, so I would have to say a 5 door Punto or maybe a Panda as someone said.​

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
The bravo is quite a nice family car aswell

·
Registered
44,882 Posts
I'd say don't get a Ford, but that's only because i'm from Essex (Land of the Ford for decades now) and vowed when I passed my test that I would never own one :)
Good man :thumbs:

The bravo is quite a nice family car aswell
New Fiat Bravo is a really good car, you should go have a look, you can get a 150hp one :D
EDIT: If you're looking for something unusual, a bit of a marmite car, a Fiat Croma.... if they still make them

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks a lot for all the replies guys :thumbs:
I will check all the suggestions very seriously
Although, I like the idea of a small 4x4, so I don't think I 'll go for the Focus..
Otherwise I would wait for the Guilietta which is much prettier.
Thanks a lot :thumbs::thumbs:

G

·
Thanks a lot for all the replies guys :thumbs:
I will check all the suggestions very seriously
Although, I like the idea of a small 4x4, so I don't think I 'll go for the Focus..
Otherwise I would wait for the Guilietta which is much prettier.
Thanks a lot :thumbs::thumbs:
I am looking forward to the Giulietta, the 230bhp Cloverleaf may end up replacing the GTA.

·
Registered
39,044 Posts
Today I had a drive in a Vauxhall Zafira 1.9CDTi Automatic with only 75 miles on the clock from new.

I am just saying so that you don't buy one - it was rubbish.

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Focus - ok, so I'm biased towards Fords, but in my opinion they have been market leaders in family cars for years & years & years, you really can't go wrong
Oh you can, you really really can.... worst car I ever owned was a Ford. ok, it was Ford USA, but Ford is still Ford.

by the time it had rolled over 50,000 miles it had needed not only a total engine rebuild, but a trans rebuild and a complete replacement engine.

The rear main bearing shell sits on my tool box at work reminding me to never buy one again.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I didnt use to think much of ford but they are really starting to produce really good cars now. No use to you up there but we have a couple of fantastic fords down here in NZ and Australia - the territory and falcon, each one of the best cars of their class you could buy, they drive fantastic and would give all the european marques a real run if they could be sold in europe, its just a pity they dont really get exported. For a smaller car i dont think you could go wrong with a focus though

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
If you want a small 4x4 then what about something like Honda CRV or Toyota RAV4? My friend has a CRV and it seems pretty good size and can go offroad if required

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Today I had a drive in a Vauxhall Zafira 1.9CDTi Automatic with only 75 miles on the clock from new.

I am just saying so that you don't buy one - it was rubbish.
:lol::lol: I was never intend to buy a vauxhaull/Opel:cheese::cheese:
I have the new corsa as a company car and I don't like it at all (especially the dealer)

Thanks for the warning :lol:

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you want a small 4x4 then what about something like Honda CRV or Toyota RAV4? My friend has a CRV and it seems pretty good size and can go offroad if required
CRV... mmm.. I don't like the look of that car..., I will consider the RAV4 though

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Me and my wife are looking to buy a family car.
Personaly I don't want anything big, more like a MiTo size car with four doors and big enough leg room for the back seats.
On the other hand my wife likes big SUVs like the Q5 or the X3:tut::tut:
which I "hate" both....
Personally I don't like any of the big SUVs available in the market right now

So, as an "all around" solution I found the new Skoda Yeti 4x4
I know it's not very pretty from the outside but it's not as massive as a Q5 or X3, it has huge leg room and boot space and it's a 4x4 with a 1.8 turbo petrol engine
I will go to test drive it one of these days

Anyone has any opinion about this?
I would love if you have any alternative suggestion to make :thumbs:
Go Italian or wait for the Alfa Kamal SUV:lol::D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts