Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Another vote here for the GS-D3.
Had both Dunlop Sport maxx and GS-D3 and prefer the GS-D3 by a mile.
The Dunlops need a little less heat in them for dry grip, but the goodyear would just trash the Dunlop in the wet!
My next set is ready at the dealers, as my fronts are now finally gone (Dunlop has a much higher life time: almost 50.000km compared to 30.000km with the GS-D3 - but what a fun filled 30.000km's ;) )

Edit: would really like to try the new assy's from Goodyear, but unfortunately they are not yet available in little Belgium. (at least not in my size... 215/45/17)

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
The brand new model GSD3's are supposed to be excellent.

Even the previous model of GSD3 was excellent, I had several sets of them on two cars. Pilot sport PS2's were better but much dearer!

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Another vote here for the GS-D3.
Had both Dunlop Sport maxx and GS-D3 and prefer the GS-D3 by a mile.
The Dunlops need a little less heat in them for dry grip, but the goodyear would just trash the Dunlop in the wet!
My next set is ready at the dealers, as my fronts are now finally gone (Dunlop has a much higher life time: almost 50.000km compared to 30.000km with the GS-D3 - but what a fun filled 30.000km's ;) )

Edit: would really like to try the new assy's from Goodyear, but unfortunately they are not yet available in little Belgium. (at least not in my size... 215/45/17)

I did 40kkms with the SportMaxx... that would would be 30kkms with the GSD3. Ops... :rolleyes:
How do you compare the SportMaxx with the F1 in dry? It doesn't rain here that much (unfortunate, that's why we have problems with water in summer). I find the SportMaxx very good in wet and if the F1's are better, they must be stunning.

What about the sidewall of the F1's? I'm conserned about that because I'm in 16" wheels...

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Cheers Chris and Trailbraker. :) And No control. :)

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Went to the supermarket and found this: 4 x F1 GDS3 91W = 330€, including labor.

That's a great price, isn't it? :D But... will they last at least 40Kkms? :eek:

·
Registered
157 Posts
I did 40kkms with the SportMaxx... that would would be 30kkms with the GSD3. Ops... :rolleyes:
How do you compare the SportMaxx with the F1 in dry? It doesn't rain here that much (unfortunate, that's why we have problems with water in summer). I find the SportMaxx very good in wet and if the F1's are better, they must be stunning.

What about the sidewall of the F1's? I'm conserned about that because I'm in 16" wheels...
Yeah, the GS-D3's do wear out rather quick, but they offer a lot more fun and security compared to the Dunlops.
In dry they are about the same I guess if you drive normally, but if you tend to drive like I do the GSD3's are much easier to control, if you can get some heat inside them.
In the rain they are just stunning. The Dunlops can't even touch them,
so if you intend to drive hard even in the rain you'd be better of with the GSD3's.

I'm on 17", so don't know about your concerns about the sidewall of them? They'll probably flex a bit more, causing some delay in response compared to 17's.
My next 2 are ordered and will be fitted this week (damn, why couldn't the Goodyear Eagle assy's be available already in Belgium...)

21 - 28 of 28 Posts