Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, my Dunlop SportMaxx are ending. It's my second set of SportMaxx and I find it to be a fantastic tire, for wet or dry, lots of grip, good sidewalls that wont bed that easy. They have last -+40k kms, just like the first set.

Now, is there anything newer on the market? And possibly better or equivalente?
Suggestions are welcome for 205/55r16.

Cheers :)

P.S. new suspension, new tires, 120k service... darn! :wow:

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
I swear by the Vredestein Ultrac / Ultrac Sessanta.

They are rated as Ultra-High-Performance, but are priced very competitively, you might have to call around to get some though, as they are not sold that widely in the UK.

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers euroboy. I had a look and it seems a very good rated tire. :cool:

Now, about the price, I can get the SportMaxx for 100€...

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What about the Goodyear F1 GSD3?

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Check out Event tyres. These chaps are really excellent and just shod Clare's GT with the Evo test winning Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 225/45/17 94Y tyres:cool:

Top service, great prices:thumbs:

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
I managed 20500 mls on the rears of my e60, having called around the usual suspects a friend suggested etyres, i have to say an excellent service with a £40 saving all done on my drive left me feeling good.

Pics of old and new attached, I did not realise there was so much of both tyre and wheel.

p.s. apologies it's not Alfa related :(

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you guys! :) Unfortunately I forgot to say (for those who don't know) that I'm located in Portugal. Prices might vary but are a good indicator.

But what tires would you recommend? :)

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Toyo, Bridgestone, Pirelli? :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi ya throttleman, i've got the Goodyear F1 GSD3 on my 159, seem excellent; plenty of feedback and don't seem too prone to tramlining. Mine are 225/50/17's I would expect the 16's to be equally as good. Go fer 'em!:thumbs:

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Coxie, the GSD3 seem a good option, depending the price.

Just fitted Toyo Proxes T1-R and they are a much better all round performer than the Good Year GSD's.
I'm really curiouse about the Proxes T1-R. What about confort, dry and wet driving? Since I'm on 16" wheels, side walls are very important, would these bend to much when driving and curving hard?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just paid £130 (171€) for 1. Which I felt was very reasonable...what prices are you getting quoted in Portugal?:confused:

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The first 3 options:

Attachments

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just paid £130 (171€) for 1. Which I felt was very reasonable...what prices are you getting quoted in Portugal?:confused:

Best quote for 205/55r16 - 88.9€

Very good price, I think. :)

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Simon. :) They say Toyo's are not that great... now I don't know what to think. :confused:

Just arrived from my local tire shop...
T1R - 105€
SportMaxx - 108.50€
F1 GSD3 - 105€

Prices including labor.

·
Registered
37,151 Posts
I have the Goodyears, I have used Toyos in the past and I don't think they are as Good as the Goodyears.
I have recommended Falken FK-452's in the past as I think they are also superior to the Toyo's and Cheaper then The Goodyears.

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank's chaps. :)
The GSD3 is now on top of my list.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts