Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
No 3 is the fuel pipe to the injector rail (lift the grey cover off to see the rail). Fuel only here on pipe 3.

No 1 nearest to no 3 should have a phut-phut vacuum if you disconnect the pipe (if working you'll know instantly what I mean). Only after a run when sat at idle, you wont have it from cold or fresh start. It is part of the EVAP system.

From memory connector 2 is connected by a pipe to connector 1 (nearest to no 3). It then goes under the wheel arch to the activated carbon cannister for the EVAP system. The pipe at the side of it is the return from the cannister and goes to the fuel tank (the top of it to pull and store any vapours).

·
Registered
176 Posts
yes. Be careful it will be at high pressure 3.X bar. I assume you are disconnecting it at the fuel rail under the cover?? There is a nice connector there.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, did that, turned the engine - no go. removed spark plugs, put somu fuel straight in, turned key, and yes had a bit of life. turned the engine for a bit and it started to fire. not very strong, but just a bit, so thats a start. now battery is flat. will have to put in my prelude to charge it up. hopefuly i might be lucky and she will go. i recon because car was parked on a slope win nearly no fuel in, pump might hav picked up some cr*p and blocked injectors or something.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts