Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought a pumpkin android radio and just tested it , the unit works fine but the steering controls dont work? i have bought the connects ctsar002.2 which has the key1 , key2 and gnd which i have contected to the same wires from the radio but as i say nothing is happening??

also on the yellow plug the comes out of the radio ( i think to power the bose) on the new harness its just a loose blue wire not connected to anything do i need to connect to the antenna wire , i would have thought i would have no sound if the bose was not working but i do have sound???

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
I've not heard of Pumpkin. Any link to the details?

Because they are not a mainstream or established brand, Connects2 may not offer a signal protocol to suit. Any idea if they use the same signal protocols as Alpine, Pioneer, Sony, Clarion, etc? Find out what Connects2 can tell you, or the Pumpkin distributor. If they're an eBay cheapie, then err...good luck.

But which patch lead are you using, that provides Key 1/2, GND?

If you have sound, then the BOSE amp is receiving a remote trigger wire one way or another, so you can leave the antenna wire unused unless it's required to trigger the antenna booster. If you have proper radio reception, then that must be taken care of too.

:)

·
7,713 Posts
Care to share how? It might help another member in the future.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Care to share how? It might help another member in the future.

:thumbup:
bought the connects lead and facia kit, attached the key leads and the radio had to be programmed to the steering wheels ,job don :smoker: the thing that made it work was the radio came with a remote and once the plastic tab saving the battery was removed all works fine

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
I've not heard of Pumpkin. Any link to the details?

Because they are not a mainstream or established brand, Connects2 may not offer a signal protocol to suit. Any idea if they use the same signal protocols as Alpine, Pioneer, Sony, Clarion, etc? Find out what Connects2 can tell you, or the Pumpkin distributor. If they're an eBay cheapie, then err...good luck.

But which patch lead are you using, that provides Key 1/2, GND?

If you have sound, then the BOSE amp is receiving a remote trigger wire one way or another, so you can leave the antenna wire unused unless it's required to trigger the antenna booster. If you have proper radio reception, then that must be taken care of too.

:)
Just for info, its not a "Pumpkin" unit, Pumpkin are simply resellers, they sell Android head units made by Shenzhen Klyde, who use many components from well known manufacturers, like ST Microelectronics, Philips/NXP, Surfstar, Samsung, Rockchip etc.

·
7,713 Posts
Ah ok, thanks for clarifying. People post some cryptic stuff sometimes! :p

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Its not actually the poster's fault - there are numerous companies on ebay and around the internet selling Android units and most of them sell them as though they actually make them, when in reality they buy them from the manufacturers and stick their own badge on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts