Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All i need some help.

I've been taking my cams off the engines i've acquired i looked at 1 set to measure it and it has hardly any markings but on one cam i have 27665 and after looking at my other sets i guessed the part number was 60627665 which pointed me to a Lancia thesis 3.0

where i need help is , when you look at a re-profile chart it gives max lift eg inlet 10.3 etc

am i measuring correctly , i am measuring from the shaft to the top of lobe .. Ref Pic where it says lift on left image. Now before i put the figure i get can someone put in the size it would be if i were using stock v6 cams for the inlet ( i will add a chart )

i will report back when i have a reply. many thanks and i hope you understand my ramblings as ive been scratching head for a while.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No matter got my head sorted .. if brains were dominoes i would be a double blank :biglaugh:

the answer is 9.3mm

i was wondering what was going on as i was measuring the amount direct from the shaft to the top of lobe. instead of measuring the height of and the base and detracting from each other :thumbup:

and just to add after taking the dimensions the whole cam set is like new zero wear , seems odd but i dont mind

1 - 2 of 2 Posts