Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm from China, please forgive my bad english.

I'm looking for a power steering pump to replace my old one. The steering is stiff.

My car is alfa romeo 166 2.5 V6 24V (936A2), the original part number of power steering pump: 7681 955 278, I have to buy it from ebay UK, anyone know if I have to buy the pump with 100% matched part number or something else could compatible? Is this one fit my car?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ALFA-ROMEO-PO...252259593QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item190252259593

And I also hunting a speedo for my car, and found some on ebay, but I can not take mine off the car, so I don't know the correct part number, can any one let me know the part number.

Thanks!

·
Registered
11,050 Posts
:cry: :cry: :cry:

you have burst my bubble gauss2000...i was sure everything came out of china these days...when i look for a part and search for exactly what i am looking for they are all listed as manufactured in china and the european market just change the stickers and boxes....however....try a search for eper....i think it is listed somewhere on here and enter your chasis no and hey presto you get a pretty good answer as to what is and what is not compatible....my 40 pc sockets have justr arrived from china a lot cheaper than i could get them in the UK...just need another 39 faulty pc.s :lol:

or list your chassis no here and ill tell you it says re the speedo as there are lots of diferent ones available and the rear looks like a pc motherboard...ps it is very easy to remove and there are some threads on here relating to removal.

welcome oboard here as your are from the land far far away.

Pomeo

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Hi Pomeo, thanks for your help!

Yes there are more and more items made in China, but alfa romeo not yet, I heard alfa romeo will build a factory in Nanjing China, but not at this moment, so I have to looking for parts from europe.

And chassis number is ZAR93600000008989.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Need help from China! Want to replay power steering pump

i have both items for sale, make an offer
Hi Marco166, thanks for your information.

my offer will be £80 for them.

And I also looking for some new parts, like brake pads, oil filter, brake disc, timing belt, CV joint and boot.

·
Registered
11,050 Posts
And chassis number is ZAR93600000008989.
Cannot be gaus2000 that's my chassis no.:cheese:

no mines ends in 89 too.:eek:

says its a 136.655.0(0)/2.5 V6 24V CF2 "SPORTRONIC PROGRESSION"
ENGINE STAMP AR34201 VERSION CODE 936A2001
V1 SEDAN 98
M10 2500V6 24V
443 BEIGE LEATHER...
PRODUCTION DATE 11 1998
VEHICLE NUMBER 00008585 ENGINE NO 0001185

AM I CORRECT?

SO your pwer steering pump is 60813339....which was replaced in 04/2003 by 60610863. so really either would do you.

the speedo head is dependednt on clour r/l hd etc so is yours left hand drive of right hand drive and as it is an automatic i assume the dash is grey.

What is wrong with the speedo head anyway?
and what is wrong with the pump as you can get a service kit.

The one you list above in ebay is out of a twinspark and so is likely to be of no use to you at all

Pomeo

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
says its a 136.655.0(0)/2.5 V6 24V CF2 "SPORTRONIC PROGRESSION"
ENGINE STAMP AR34201 VERSION CODE 936A2001
V1 SEDAN 98
M10 2500V6 24V
443 BEIGE LEATHER...
PRODUCTION DATE 11 1998
VEHICLE NUMBER 00008585 ENGINE NO 0001185

AM I CORRECT?

SO your pwer steering pump is 60813339....which was replaced in 04/2003 by 60610863. so really either would do you.

the speedo head is dependednt on clour r/l hd etc so is yours left hand drive of right hand drive and as it is an automatic i assume the dash is grey.

What is wrong with the speedo head anyway?
and what is wrong with the pump as you can get a service kit.

The one you list above in ebay is out of a twinspark and so is likely to be of no use to you at all

Pomeo
WOOOOOOOW Pomeo, how you do that, it's correct!

It's left hand drive, meter light colour is green but I don't mind to replace with different color.

My speedo works okey, but fuel meter not correct, and all the LCD counter didn't work at all, so I can drive with it but prefer to replace it.

but my power steering pump number shows 7681 955 278, and there is a big ZF logo on it.

Thank you so much for help!

·
Registered
11,050 Posts
WOOOOOOOW Pomeo, how you do that, it's correct!
For the answer to that you will need to watch Alfred Hitchcocks the 39 Steps..the 1939 edition starring Robert Donat.....What are the 39 steps?:cheese: :cheese:

No I jest but its a brilliant movie ,watch it anyway.....the answer is on e.per....youll find a link on the forum somewhere....it is excellent and saves the old brain cells.

It's left hand drive, meter light colour is green but I don't mind to replace with different color.

My speedo works okey, but fuel meter not correct, and all the LCD counter didn't work at all, so I can drive with it but prefer to replace it.
there are so many listed and as i said they are like computer motherbords....get an eper and take your pick or get a chesap one on ebay and either do it yourself or get a tv repair guy if hell do it to swap some bits over....is the fuel guage not the sender from the tank.the display is ouch....the green is that the back light...I meant the facsia colour...my two are silver and black.
does the miles to go on the ics work?

but my power steering pump number shows 7681 955 278, and there is a big ZF logo on it.
The part numbers are alfa part numbers...
thank gallio for this links re zf but nothing i can see for power steering.I think the company name is ZF but its more info.

WebCat 3

Thank you so much for help!
No problem thats what we like to do here as well as pull each others leg at times.Depending on how well our cars are going at the time:cheese: (or washing machines)

How about a picture of you and your car or just your car in china as you may be a vit out of the way compared to the rest of us but thanks to the inet..you are not alone.

And get you name on the highest mileage and age of owner threads too.
:thumbs:

Pomeo

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For the answer to that you will need to watch Alfred Hitchcocks the 39 Steps..the 1939 edition starring Robert Donat.....What are the 39 steps?:cheese: :cheese:

Pomeo
Well, I heard 39 steps when I was a child, it have been translated to Chinese, b/W film, but I don't remember anything about it:cheese:

The fuel gauge faulted several years ago, and the workshop guy said I have to replace the fuel pump, so I bought new one and replaced, but it didn't work. one the LCD counter, some part of character didn't display, and more and more, now there is no more charatcer at all, and I have remove it and took it to Hongkong, but can't be repaired. That's why I try to replace the speedo unit, am I correct?

And yes the miles on ICS work.

About the power steering pump, do you mean the correct part number is 60813339, I can ignore the number on my origin pump. Yes?

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
How about a picture of you and your car or just your car in china as you may be a vit out of the way compared to the rest of us but thanks to the inet..you are not alone.

Pomeo
This is my old car and me:D :D :D

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
8-sep, I bought an alternator and a window regulator from a ebay seller: autolusso, the sales' name is Laurence Preston, and their website is Auto Lusso - Quality Alfa Romeo Servicing and Repairs, we communicate very well before I paid.

I told him I'm very hurry because the window can not raise, the car is in workshop waiting ,so I will pay for the expensive but quick DHL not normal post mail.

But this guy dissappear after I paypal him, never reply my message, all I ask is the DHL tracking number ,so that I can track the package on DHL website, but he didn't reply after the second I paid.

10 days passed, the package doesn't arrive, no any information, if he do ship through DHL ,it should be here this monday. I don't care the money, but this guy wasting my time.:cry: :cry: :cry:

This seller seems have many positive feedback, and it's not much money, can be a swindler.:eek: :eek: :eek:

what should I do?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Is there public holiday in the UK or somthing? I sent email to auto lusso director and sales manager, but also no reply. :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
Hi Gauss, they might not be open as its the weekend, but even though, i would of thought so, Ned is a member on AO :)

Nice 166 :thumbs:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Gauss, they might not be open as its the weekend, but even though, i would of thought so, Ned is a member on AO :)

Nice 166 :thumbs:

But can't be the weekend reason, I email them for more than 12 days, and my email to Ned and Micheal(sales manager) is sent Thursday. I don't understand what happen to their company.

do you mind let me know Ned's AO id?

·
Registered
11,050 Posts
hi gauss sorry i was away and had laptop problems...couldn't connect changed av and new one stopped me connecting.

nice 166 and scenery in china

the autolusso id is wait for it autolusso if i recall correctly.

hope you get them soon.

Pomeo

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
yup, what Pomeo, his id is 'autolusso'

he's on here quiet frequently, but not sure how recently though...

·
Premium Member
7,045 Posts
8-sep, I bought an alternator and a window regulator from a ebay seller: autolusso, the sales' name is Laurence Preston, and their website is Auto Lusso - Quality Alfa Romeo Servicing and Repairs, we communicate very well before I paid.

I told him I'm very hurry because the window can not raise, the car is in workshop waiting ,so I will pay for the expensive but quick DHL not normal post mail.

But this guy dissappear after I paypal him, never reply my message, all I ask is the DHL tracking number ,so that I can track the package on DHL website, but he didn't reply after the second I paid.

10 days passed, the package doesn't arrive, no any information, if he do ship through DHL ,it should be here this monday. I don't care the money, but this guy wasting my time.:cry: :cry: :cry:

This seller seems have many positive feedback, and it's not much money, can be a swindler.:eek: :eek: :eek:

what should I do?
I am very sorry you have not got your parts from my company, I in fact own the shop and it is run for me by Laurence Preston. Laurence is on holiday until Monday 22nd, I asked him to make sure all parts bought before he went away were sent out before he went on holiday. This is why we currently have our e-bay shop on holiday mode, you can see that from this listing

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=330216714105&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

I don’t think you will be able to see it has been in holiday mode after the 22nd

Anyway, what do you want me to do? Send you the parts or do a refund?

You can e-mail me directly and I will sort it out for you, sorry again

Ned

1 - 20 of 26 Posts