Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fitted second hand engine to my 1999 146 1.4. ecu has kicked in immobiliser and diagnostic is loking for 4 digit code alfa ireland dont keep records before 2000 anyone any idea where i can get it?:cry:

·
Registered
731 Posts
To the right of the steering wheel remove the rectangular plastic panel on the dash. There's a code box in there for the immobiliser (usually yellow).
Disconnect this for a few minutes, reconnect, and then try again........

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi

If you do a search on ODB II Codes you should come across a very comprehensive list on this forum that was posted by one of our members.

Good luck

·
Registered
731 Posts
It's not an OBD code he's looking for, it's the immobiliser code to start the car.

Normally disconnceting the code box sorts it...... if not then check the relays arouond the battery (exspecially since they've been disturbed during an engine swap).

·
Registered
170 Posts
this might be a silly question but when you changed the engine you did put ur original ecu back on top of the throttle body didnt you? not the one that may have come with the engine!

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
You have 3 options:-

1. If you've used the engine ECU from the donor car then you also need to fit the CODE immobiliser box from the same donor car as they are paired units (you will also need the transponder chips from the donor car keys).
  2. You need to fit the engine ECU for your original engine which is already paired with the CODE immobiliser box in your car.
  3. You need to get in touch with Tony at Datareall Services who will be able to "virginise" the CODE box in your car so it can be re-paired with the engine ECU you currently have fitted to your car (see details in this post).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ecu code

thanks guys for your suggestions i have sent an e mail to datarecall and waiting for a reply once again thanks for taking the time to reply
emorr

1 - 7 of 7 Posts