Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need cheap alfa romeo technician who can reset my cars ecu due to because alfa romeo need alot of money and it has to be located near canterbury, Sydney Nsw 2196 Australia.
Please i need this ASAP.

Thank you

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
What issue are you having? - may be worth considering buying a cable & software such as Alfadiag or FiatECUScan :)

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
do u mean the ecu reset to restore cars defualt sensor readings or to repair a bad remap, the first is easy, diy........search ecu reset the miracle cure it takes just over an hour to complete

Gary

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
Need cheap alfa romeo technician who can reset my cars ecu due to because alfa romeo need alot of money and it has to be located near canterbury, Sydney Nsw 2196 Australia.
Please i need this ASAP.

Thank you
No, you don't need a cheap technician, this

Disconnect the battery for at least 45 mins
Reconnect and start the engine but do not touch the throttle and let the car idle for 15 mins.
Turn the car off and leave for 10 mins.
Start the car and take her for a blast.

and an hour is all you need. Follow instructions precisely or your house will spontaneously com bust :thumbs:

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
No, you don't need a cheap technician, this

Disconnect the battery for at least 45 mins
Reconnect and start the engine but do not touch the throttle and let the car idle for 15 mins.
Turn the car off and leave for 10 mins.
Start the car and take her for a blast.

and an hour is all you need. Follow instructions precisely or your house will spontaneously com bust :thumbs:
That's a throttle reset, not an ECU reset.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Please i need this ASAP.

Thank you

Lol I used to live near there before I moved to Austria. Only place I can think of is scuderia servicia at artarmon, not exactly close though. Have you tried google?

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
My understanding is that disconnecting the battery as stated will achieve a 'soft' reset...

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
That's a throttle reset, not an ECU reset.
erm thats a ecu reset
steps two n three are throttle reset u dont need to do them

step 5 is important as it learns the sensors for scratch......thats why better is left of for so long to clear the settings from the ecu memory....then it learns the rest it needs to know when u give it some boot

1. Disconnect battery for 45 mins
2. Reconnect battery, and turn ignition to MAR for 90 secs
3. Turn off and leave 90 secs
4. Start engine WITHOUT pressing throttle and let the car idle for 15 mins (I repeat, do not touch the throttle whilst the car is idling)
5. Turn engine off and leave for 10 minutes
6. Start the car and go for a drive, using a number of styles (eg town, motorway, thrash etc)

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Besides that, where's the OP who needed help ASAP? :confused: :lol:

·
Registered
90 Posts
erm thats a ecu reset
steps two n three are throttle reset u dont need to do them

step 5 is important as it learns the sensors for scratch......thats why better is left of for so long to clear the settings from the ecu memory....then it learns the rest it needs to know when u give it some boot

1. Disconnect battery for 45 mins
2. Reconnect battery, and turn ignition to MAR for 90 secs
3. Turn off and leave 90 secs
4. Start engine WITHOUT pressing throttle and let the car idle for 15 mins (I repeat, do not touch the throttle whilst the car is idling)
5. Turn engine off and leave for 10 minutes
6. Start the car and go for a drive, using a number of styles (eg town, motorway, thrash etc)
I wish we had a definitive answer on this, seems like a 50/50 split on wether its a throttle reset or does ecu aswel :(

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I wish we had a definitive answer on this, seems like a 50/50 split on wether its a throttle reset or does ecu aswel :(
steps 2 and 3 are supposed to be throttle u dont have to do them, the rest is ecu reset
the long time for leaving battery of is to clear ecu settings for various sensors, when u leave the car with engine running for next step it learns them from cold to warm, then u take it for a run when its all done so it learns other paramiters too, other wise if u fit a new sensor it will stilll use old settings

this needs to be done when u have fitted a maf for instance... :)

Gary

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The problem is that it starts and doesnt get much gears only gears neutral 2 and 4th gear and makes a noise like two metals hitting and brings out smoke.
Wat can i do to fix this and also it has a new ecu that a alfa romeo mechanic has installed and hasnt done anything to it.

Thanks

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
The problem is that it starts and doesnt get much gears only gears neutral 2 and 4th gear and makes a noise like two metals hitting and brings out smoke.
Wat can i do to fix this and also it has a new ecu that a alfa romeo mechanic has installed and hasnt done anything to it.

Thanks
is your car selespeed ? if you go into lounge for your area im sure there be guys who maybe able to help ,who are local to you ,as for your alfa mechanic did he plug diagnostics in to read codes to assertain problem

1 - 16 of 16 Posts