Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heya all, I have about 20 mins to get back to the dealer,

I have had alot of trouble from the dealer lately for my mito and they have now offered me an ex demo car for sale.

I'm not too sure if it is worth it but would like some advice.

The list price for the car NEW should be £16,500.

It is a Mito 155 veloce with Red leather, parking sensors and etna black metalic paint and around 6000-10000 miles on it.

I have been offered this car for £15,000.

I will be the SECOND registered owner of the vehicle.

I think this is a little over priced for the milage.
What does everyone else think?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeh I think so too, and i had ordered my car before the price increase too. The tough thing is that I have nothing to compare it with... not many 2nd hand mitos around

·
Registered
341 Posts
i wouldnt do it henrii.

I think this is the one advertised for sale for the last few weeks.

Why dont you make them an offer, be cheeky and say 13,500. They can only say no.

·
0 Posts
Follow yer head & not yer heart in this case I would say. if you want it, haggle for a much bigger discount :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't know there was one advertised for sale, how much was it going for in the showroom?

The car should have lost around £2000 the first time it left the forecourt, + the excess milage... I don't think I can accept the offer. if they gave it for the same price then I might, it also means that over 2 years thats an extra service required.

B

·
0 Posts
No chance, even if it was £14k, personally I'd never buy an ex-demo as it's not going to have been run in at all, but generally hammered by everyone who just wants to see how fast a 155TB is!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm currently looking at buying new and have looked at ex-demos and I would agree this is overpriced. Personally I would want at least 2k off the list price before I even started considering it. Ask youself do you actually want the leather and parking sensors?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The parking sensors are being thrown in as my request, red leather.. not so bothered about but a bonus. but yeh... I think i need around 2.500 off before i consider it.
Thanks alot all =) gotta call him back now

·
Registered
341 Posts
I cant find the link now henrii.

It was on autotrader about 3 weeks ago, pictures were taken outside the garage.

If its the same one, I sat in it when i ordered mine.
It was filthy and going out every 10 mins for test drives

·
Registered
144 Posts
Have to admit, when I was there the other day there was more than one Black Mito with red leather, not sure how many were Etna Black as didn't really pay attention but they do have a lot of demos on

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I called back and said it was overpriced and that I don't want it, he assured me it wasn't overpriced and i was also comparing it to my original order before the price increase. so basically I would be paying £900 less for a 2nd hand car with 6-10k miles on it.

Looks like I won't be buying an alfa after all... sucks...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Henriii, just out of interest, what spec did you originally want? Was it a tricky spec to get as it sounds like you have been waiting a long time.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Willow,
My original spec was the mito 120bhp in etna black with parking sensors. red and black seats and red dash. the dash was only because they had already ordered that spec car and it couldn't be changed.

I am cancelling the order but need to do it in writing or in person. I am just sick of the customer service there and the lies they have told. My girlfriend (who placed the actual order) is just going to get a run around car now, something like a yaris. we had contemplated the civic type s and others in its class (my choices as we are sharing), but now I just don't care anymore.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Your story is a real kick in the nuts Henrii, I guess your right and they dropped the ball on ordering/reserving it and it ended up with someone else. I think that is really low and the fact that this has dragged on for so long just speaks volumes of thier lack of respect for you as the customer. They should have owned up to the mistake, which it probably was, and offered you a discount on a 13week jobbie or you money back.

I hope this doesn't leave you totally dis-hearted with cars for too long.

GK

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks GK,

Well it has left me upset, dissappointed and fed up as I really did want the car, I could possibly manage till the end of july but that means forking out for insurance on another car till then and any repairs etc on the part ex until then. I don't mind so much about that but it's mangoletsi themselves that make me not want to carry on with the order hence I will cancel and go with another brand. I have lost all respect for mangoletsi and alfa romeo (although alfas fanbase are a v.nice bunch)

Oh, and we wanted a nice shiny new car for the summer, but by the end of july its already half gone.

I'll see how it goes and what the missus wants to do.

·
Registered
29 Posts
That is a real shame. I don't have a local dealer as such so I've been driving and phoning around, some dealers have Mitos waiting to be sold... One I was at had a Giulietta red, 120 Veloce with red dash in his show room. Tried to sell it to me but I want a 155. Might be worth ringing around. Good luck with whatever you do though :thumbs:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ooh, that sounds interesting willow, which dealer was that? the thing that is annoying is that the prices have went up since I've ordered, so i'll be forking out an extra £600 than I had originally paid/agreed to, part ex value possibly been lowered.

and.... I had bought a carpet and double sided tape to carpet up the back seats like shusky and co. useless now if i don't go for a mito.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts