Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone?

done the usual searches and contacted the mods but no code is forthcoming...(sorry mods if sent and I have missed it)

thanks

Joe

·
Registered
28 Posts
The difference between them and eurocarparts with discount is pence. CLUBALFAOWN is euro code if that helps (30% until midnight )

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Depends what your buying as where to go . example i wanted a cam kit europarts etc £200-£240 Mister Auto £117 including delivery. Oil Shell Helix Ultra £30-35 most places Euro Car Parts £17 inc Delivery

What you buying and i can have a quick look for you and get a code

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Depends what your buying as where to go . example i wanted a cam kit europarts etc £200-£240 Mister Auto £117 including delivery. Oil Shell Helix Ultra £30-35 most places Euro Car Parts £17 inc Delivery

What you buying and i can have a quick look for you and get a code

OK, all for the 98 GTV project I have just started..

it has a 2.0 TS engine.

cambelt kit

variator

water pump (or cambelt kit with it included)

thermostat

set of wishbones (GTV only has one set thankfully)

oil I have although I need an oil and air filter for it.

one full set of sparks.

thanks very much sir..:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Ive had a look and my advice would be use mister auto the deals are 5% discount free delivery and a £150 Dab radio free gift. use them for all parts besides wishbones get them from ebay as they are about £50 the pair
Discount code is AUTO5
Timing belt kit including water pump is £89 - 5% which includes everything and is made by Gates.
Contents.
1 x Timing Belt
1 x Tensioner Pulley
1 x Tensioner Pulley
1 x Deflection/Guide Pulley
1 x Water Pump

Auto Car Parts etc are selling the cheaper makes cam kits which are about £110 - 30% but are basic kits no pump and other bits.

So as a round up use mister auto code = AUTO5 & get a free gift worth £150 :thumbup:

Get wishbones from ebay
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-Alfa-Romeo-GTV-1-8-2-0-3-0-3-2-Front-Wishbone-Control-Arm-Bush-Ball-Joint-/311545726021?hash=item4889928445:g:OqAAAOSwUuFWvJNx

·
Administrator
88,036 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Do NOT buy wishbones from ebay, they are generally garbage and will need replacing this time next month. Mister Auto had a good deal on good wishbones last time I needed.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Do NOT buy wishbones from ebay, they are generally garbage and will need replacing this time next month. Mister Auto had a good deal on good wishbones last time I needed.
Or at least don't buy the cheap wishbones..

You can still find Birth and TRW branded parts on eBay which you shouldn't have trouble with!

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
although all advice is welcome in the case of ebay wishbones I will skip and go for the shop4parts Birth or some TRW if i can get them at a good price, bear in mind gents this is for a GTV and they are not nearly as bad as GT's in eating their own suspension.....

the main issue is the variator which cost more elsewhere, so on balance shop4parts will be the best by the time you have taken into account the 10% discount ,the quality of the parts and the convenience of dealing with one supplier....

was out mucking around today and have already solved the airbag warning light issue and the battery drain issue too,...bodywork looks a doddle and the wing mirror I re-sprayed is looking awesome...

its looking like a will have a really nice low mileage GTV on my hands within the next two weeks or so...!

happy days..:thumbup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts