Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

If possible, can anyone give me a hand? The 145 has been sat around since my fall and subsequent break. So the 145 is not getting used as often as it should be, and now it won't start. Battery was low, for the second time so has been charged up. Last time used, started okay, and went for a short run without fault.

When I turn the ignition key, I'm not hearing the fuel pump prime - could be fuel starvation or relay is U/S. Fuel will be topped up tomorrow just in case, but fuel needle lifts to 8th tank. But might be lying! I did not drive the car last time, so don't know either way.

The CODE light does not go out. Does not go out when using the master 'brown' key either. The fuel jet blinks once, and stays on.

I've been in the Bbob box, and cleaned all 3 red relays. But because I can't stand on my own weight yet, I can't get into the female connectors to inspect and clean.

I've looked at this for help Board Message but I could do with some help, as I get tired standing on 1 leg. Anyone free to help?

M.

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,409 Posts
If i was closer i would help mate :(

Had similar with both mine but it was cured by switching ignition on/off a few times. If light stays on and pump doesn't kick in, try it again. Thats the only thing i can say right now

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Ok. 1 battery charge. Charge it up. 2. Code light on. Can you start manually using the code? (you can get the code from alfa) it's done using the accelerator pedal and counting the injector light flashes. If you can then it is a similar fault as i had on the 155. I would assume it has a yellow key code box as does the 155. It's hidden in the dash above the fuse box on the 155 so perhaps it's in a similar place. Unplug and clean the connections and then try again. This cured mine.

·
Registered
391 Posts
only just seen this mate, I would come over and give you a hand but I have had too much to drink to be legal to drive :lol: if you need some help tomorrow just give me a txt.

i have got a OBD reader and FIATecu scanner, but not sure if that will work on your 145.

·
Registered
426 Posts
So you've been hopping around your car all day. :cheese:

Sorry shouldn't laugh. Likewise give me a ring/text tomorrow and I'll help out.

And watch you hopping about. Can you hop with mugs of tea?? ;)

·
Registered
13,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All sorted now, and working.

Thanks to Sean and your friend (sorry names are my downfall) for your help, and thanks Paul for coming over. That 156 of yours sounds nice. You sure you don't want to sell it?

Thank you to those who have offered to help and given advice, esp those not local.

Nice reminder why AO is a great place. :)

·
Registered
13,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bbob relays needed a clean, which got the CODE light to go out/relay work, and the fuel cut off switch needed resetting. Only found out about the cut off being an issue 20 seconds before Sean knocked on the door!

·
Registered
13,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bit of a puzzle why it tripped, as when last used that seat wasn't used or touched! Hence why I did not think about it. But when we fuelled it up, and CODE light went out, but no fuel pump prime, I then started to investigate. I was a bit surprised it had the switch.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts